Q. My tooth infection has spread to roots. Please tell me a solution.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.

#

As per your history, you are suffering from apical periodontitis, as the infection has spread to the roots. The problem is due to pulp exposure. So you can take medication for at least three to five days. Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. Take tablet Lyser D (Diclofenac with Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for three days. If you are not allergic to these medications, or if you are not taking any other medicines, you will get rid of pain and swelling by this medication. After the infection is over, consult your dentist and get a root canal treatment done.

|