Q. My tooth infection has spread to roots. Please tell me a solution.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Sep 21, 2018

My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.

#

As per your history, you are suffering from apical periodontitis, as the infection has spread to the roots. The problem is due to pulp exposure. So you can take medication for at least three to five days. Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. Take tablet Lyser D (Diclofenac with Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for three days. If you are not allergic to these medications, or if you are not taking any other medicines, you will get rid of pain and swelling by this medication. After the infection is over, consult your dentist and get a root canal treatment done.

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »

Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cough for about a week. It is a mild one with a bit sore throat. So, I did my sputum test in a laboratory and the following are the results I received today. Acid fast bacilli smear - acid fast bacilli not detected. In sputum culture and sensitivity, culture - negative, organism - ...  Read Full »

How to treat the infected tooth present with pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of pain on my right side upper and lower jaw. I have a wisdom tooth on the upper jaw. Before two days, the tooth directly below the wisdom tooth got broken, and it is causing pain. I am scared of going to the dentist. What can I do now? Please help me.  Read Full »