Q. I want straight teeth. Please help.

Dr. Subha
Published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2018

I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?

Dr. Subha

Dentistry
#

The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others.

The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like mouth breathing, lip or nail-biting etc., and your general health.

In case you are more than 50 years old and have loose teeth, your malaligned teeth can be extracted and replaced with artificial teeth.

Kindly provide a detailed history of yours and attach pictures for further follow up with a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?  Read Full »

Indiscriminate Use of Mouthwash Alone is not the Solution for Halitosis

Article Overview: Most of the time people never care about the underlying cause of bad breath, they just use mouthwash and think "all is well". This article stresses on the fact that mouthwash alone is not a solution for bad breath. Read Article

Whenever we experience bad smell or breath emanating from our mouth, the next thing we do is go and buy a mouthwash to get rid of it. This goes on for 1 or 2 months, and then we give up to the fate or finally decide for some expert opinion. We need to give bad breath more importance in our daily li...  Read Article

How to correct jaw discomfort and bite alignment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have jaw discomfort and a misaligned bite. I have not removed my wisdom tooth, and I have a habit of popping the jaw. I usually put my palm over the jaw near my ear, and there will be a pop. I have a gum tissue behind my molar, and I am unable to close my left side o...  Read Full »