Q. I lost four teeth due to weakness and mobility. How to prevent further loss?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 28 years old, and my teeth are weak. Till date, I have lost three molars and one premolar. I am using caps on that place. Now, I have a slight movement on my central incisor. Please suggest me a treatment or medicine to prevent myself from the early loss of a tooth.

#

I can understand your concern. It looks like a condition called chronic periodontitis, in case if you do not have a decayed tooth. For that, you need to take medication like Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily for a week, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for a week. Use mouthwash Chlorhexidine twice daily, and also, brush your teeth with an ultra-soft brush.

If there is bleeding from your gums, you can also have vitamin C supplement. Consult a dentist and do oral prophylaxis for two to three times. If you upload a picture of the tooth, I can be able to provide you a better possible treatment plan.

| 

Can vitamin C induce periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am approximately 95 kg weight. I am in need of emergency contraception due to failed birth control. I will be ovulating tomorrow, so I am at a high risk of unwanted pregnancy. I obtained and took a 1.5 mg dose of Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill); however I have...  Read Full »

Please give a solution for an infected tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»