Q. I lost four teeth due to weakness and mobility. How to prevent further loss?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 28 years old, and my teeth are weak. Till date, I have lost three molars and one premolar. I am using caps on that place. Now, I have a slight movement on my central incisor. Please suggest me a treatment or medicine to prevent myself from the early loss of a tooth.

#

I can understand your concern. It looks like a condition called chronic periodontitis, in case if you do not have a decayed tooth. For that, you need to take medication like Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily for a week, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for a week. Use mouthwash Chlorhexidine twice daily, and also, brush your teeth with an ultra-soft brush.

If there is bleeding from your gums, you can also have vitamin C supplement. Consult a dentist and do oral prophylaxis for two to three times. If you upload a picture of the tooth, I can be able to provide you a better possible treatment plan.

|