Q. What does bleeding after 16 days of taking emergency pill indicate?

Answered by Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Emergency Contraceptive Pill or Withdrawal Bleeding? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had unprotected sex with my fiancee on the seventh day of ending her period and she took the emergency pill within 12 hours and her period cycle is around 33 days. After 16 to 17 days of having pill she got light bleeding that lasted for around five days. Are there any chances of pregnancy?