Q. Will taking Microgynon 30 on the first day of my period be effective?

Answered by Dr. Eeshani Dutta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Emergency Contraceptive Pill or Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I took the Ellaone emergency contraceptive pill two days ago and have started my period today. So I would like to start taking the combined contractive pill Microgynon 30 today. Will that be fine? And will it be effective straight away?