Q. How long does it take for the endometrium lining to grow?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am trying to conceive. My endometrium lining is showing as 1.8 mm and follicles of left ovary is 9.4 mm on 8th day and 16.1 mm on 10th day of my menses. I would like to know why has my endometrium lining decreased to this extent? Nine months back, I was pregnant but it led to a missed abortion due to rubella, so I got miscarriage in the 2nd month after which I had MTP and later also underwent D and C as the first attempt of MTP was not successful in removing the fetus. During this pregnancy my endometrium thickness was 8 to 9 mm. I also have PCOD because of which I had taken Ubiphene which helped me ovulate for that pregnancy. Now, it has been 5 to 6 months since the miscarriage and I was suggested Clofert 50 mg for inducing ovulation for 5 days. Since 2nd day of my last menses I am taking that and went for follicular study. On 8th day of my period the endometrium thickness was 1.8 mm and then again I went two days later and still endometrium thickness was 1.8 mm. I was advised to take Progynova once a day. Still my endometrium lining has not increased. Could you please tell me the natural ways to increase my endometrium thickness. I would really appreciate your guidance.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read and understood your problem.

You have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so your ovaries might be producing less of estrogen and more of testosterone.

Also you may have other hormone problems. You need to do blood tests Hb (hemoglobin), fasting sugar, prolactin, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and testosterone.

Follicles of left ovary if 16.1 mm on 10th day is good.

Progynova increase endometrial thickness.

Soy food products will naturally increase estrogenic effects.

Revert back after the investigations to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I would like to know is it possible to conceive successfully after having 1.8 mm endometrium thickness? How long does it take for the endometrium lining to grow? Does it really grow with medication and natural treatments? Someone said it could be Asherman's syndrome where uterine lining is damaged. But, my doctor has not yet said or confirmed this. Please let me know what is the solution.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Asherman's syndrome occur after D and C (dilatation and curettage) but then you will not bleed or will bleed very little. So, you have less chance of it. It can be diagnosed with an x-ray called HSG (hysterosalpingogram).
  • It is difficult to have successful pregnancy with 1.8 mm endometrium. Every month endometrium grows then it shed during periods.
  • Yes, thickness can be increased with medications within few days in each cycle.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|