Q. Does miscarriage affect fertility?

Answered by Dr. Gowrimeena and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Miscarriage or Vitamin D? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 31 years old. We got married before two years and had not planned for pregnancy. My wife's medical history is as follows. Two years before her thyroid level was near 18 and she took regular medicine. Now her thyroid level came down between 2 and 3 after taking thyroid medicine of 75 mcg. Before a year, she had severe body pain. So, we consulted an orthopedician and he recommended some test to rule out vitamin D deficiency. By taking three doses of vitamin D injections we managed the vitamin D level. At the same time, she had severe knee pain and the doctor confirmed her CMP. For this she took knee pain injections and some physiotherapy exercises. We had planned for pregnancy before one year. Then, unfortunately she got a miscarriage and started taking Folic acid after consulting her gynecologist. As per doctor's advice we planned for conception before two months. But, the problem is after miscarriage she is getting abdomen pain at the time of ovulation. Before four to five months, she got the pain during ovulation for around three to four days. Since we had planned for conception, she is getting severe pain in her abdomen and back pain until her cycle around 14 to 15 days. Every time when we consult gynecologist, she used to take transvaginal ultrasound and reported no problem in her ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus. But, the doctor mentioned that she has polycystic ovary. As her cycles are regular there is no need to worry about it. She has severe pain from 15 days of her ovulation, but could not find out the reason. Please help us.