The condition where the endometrium, which is the inner lining of the uterus, starts growing outside the uterus is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain on urination, intermenstrual bleeding, and nausea are some of the common symptoms seen.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 40-year-old woman with endometriosis, and my FSH reading has elevated after stopping birth control. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have endometriosis and was on Lupron for around eight months. I then took Natazia continuously for approximately 6.5 months. I had my FSH tested three months back, and it was 1.37 mIU/mL. I wanted to test my hormones off the birth control and stopped the Natazia for seven days. I had...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned that you stopped your birth control the last month, so ideally, any reading before the birth control stopping date should have been lower than 5 IU/mL, indicating that follicles are not developing. However, after stopping birth control, one would get...  Read Full »

What are the risk factors of extra-uterine pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Please read the ultrasound and provide feedback. I was advised by a midwife that based on the imaging from my ultrasound, it looks like I have an extrauterine pregnancy. Seems as if the fetus is behind my bowels. My current symptoms are nausea, amenorrhea, weight gain, pelvic pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Upon carefully reviewing the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I agree with the diagnosis. The uterine cavity is empty, and there is an extra-uterine baby/pregnancy. The problem with extra-uterine pregnancy is ruptu...  Read Full »

Are my pelvic pain and other symptoms due to the complex ovarian cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pelvic pain for the past few months. I recently felt nauseous and overly tired (even after taking my Adderall for my ADHD). Pelvic discomfort and pain that even moves towards my back, pressure, and bloating. And I have not had an appetite and lost 20 lbs. I have been f...  Read Full »

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and also have looked at the images of the USG (ultrasonography) you have provided (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). USG shows a right-sided complex ovarian cyst. Also, based on your history, you have lost your we...  Read Full »

I am a 52-year-old female with a history of endometriosis and ovarian cyst. Now I have pain in my lower back and groin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52-year-old female, have had endometriosis my entire life, and have never been able to have a child. I have had ovarian cysts before, but they go away. However, I recently had a cyst on my left ovary, lower back, and groin pain, and my period has returned (my last period was fiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your history suggests that you should closely monitor your reproductive system to avoid future complications. Nulliparity (a woman who has never had a pregnancy), endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and left ovarian removal all increase the risk...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from severe waist, pelvic, and lap pain after being diagnosed with adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor,I had suffered from severe waist, pelvic, and lap pain during and after menstruation. The pelvic scan done previously showed endometriosis. Another scan that I had got done recently showed adenomyosis. However, the pain still persists. Please suggest the treatment.Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. I request you send me your detailed investigation reports as well. Adenomyosis and endometriosis both need some hormonal support. Endometriosis can be treated maximally via laparoscopy, whereas adenomyosis does...  Read Full »

I am taking the tablet Femilon for pain due to endometriosis. Can I store the tablet in a pill box, or should I leave it in the strip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking the tablet Femilon 0.15 mg/0.2 mg for endometriosis pain. Can I store these tablets in a pill box or should they be left in the strip? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tablet Femilon (Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel) is a hormonal preparation that should be protected from direct sunlight or hot temperatures. It has to be stored in a cool and dark place. So, it is better to store the tablets in the strip as it is. Also, removi...  Read Full »

How to get pregnant with endometriosis and painful sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year and feel like my symptoms are getting worse. I have never given birth. Will giving birth help my symptoms? How can I get pregnant if having sex is painful?  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to see your ultrasound pelvis, CA-125, and serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). I would like to see all the reports and to know the extent of your endometriosis. What are all your symptoms? Dyspareunia that is painful sex is associated with most of the c...  Read Full »

I have had a history of miscarriage, and currently, I have a cyst in my left ovary. How can I conceive safely?

Query: Hello doctor,My right ovary follicle is 17*14 mm, left ovary follicle is 32*20 mm, right cyst is 4.3 mm, and free fluid in POD. Can I conceive if my left ovary has a cyst? The first time when I got conceived, I had a miscarriage after five weeks and then I came to know about the cyst. Surgery was do...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. You had surgery for endometriosis and findings of a chocolate cyst. Since you are trying to conceive, it is better to have a healthy lifestyle, take healthy precautions, and try with a positive wish. Since you have PCOD and trying to concei...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have heavy periods with cycles of 21 to 24 days?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting heavy periods for the last two years, and my cycle is shortened to 21 to 24 days. I have regular ovulation. I am fed up with periods. I had an ultrasound two years back. Back then, it was normal. Is there any medicine to bring in menopause early? I do not want periods ...  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is a matter of great concern to have heavy periods, and that too with a shorter menstrual cycle. In such cases, first, I would like to focus on the basic problem that you may be anemic. In such cases, your hemoglobin may be below norm...  Read Full »

I am given birth control pills for hirsutism, cystic acne, and painful heavy bleeding periods. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hirsutism, cystic acne, and painful heavy bleeding periods. I consulted a gynecologist, and she gave me birth control pills. I told her I wanted to become pregnant. I also expressed concerns about endometriosis and PCOS. I am confused because I am trying to become pregnant. I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your concern about PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and endometriosis (a condition in which the tissue that lines the uterus grows outside the uterus) should first be investigated and established. I suggest you perform the following tests...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.