HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologyendometriosisI had a marine coil fitted six years back, which was very painful and uncomfortable. Please help.

How to get rid of pain caused by a marine coil?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Deepti Verma

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 26, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

I had the marine coil fitted six years back. This was very painful and uncomfortable. The pain worsened and I went back to the doctor, who gave me antibiotics and referred me for a scan. Since examination IV bled occurred, becoming progressively sore internally and now externally. Nausea and dizziness are also present regularly. Previously I had issues with pain during and post intercourse, when having smears and any examinations. I have had tests down below which all come back good. I should mention the pain is all in my abdomen, back, and pelvis and causing pain and numbness in my left leg. Any advice on what to do?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma

I can understand your concern. Pain in the lower abdomen during and after intercourse can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis. By the smear examination, pelvic inflammatory disease is ruled out, so endometriosis is more likely in your case. I will suggest you get the coil removed if there is considerable discomfort and pain. Instead, you can take oral contraceptive pills which are likely to relieve the symptoms.

I hope this helps you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

nauseadizzinessendometriosis

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy