Q. I have an epididymal cyst and it hurts the testicle also. What is the treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 15, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 21 years old. I am very disappointed with my doctor. I have an epididymal cyst that hurts now, and my other testicle is hurting as well. Should I sue my urologist for negligence? What is the best cure or treatment? Please suggest.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Around 15-20 % of the males have an epididymal cyst and most patients do not manifest any symptoms. It could be an incidental finding while checking for something else. However, when it starts hurting, there is a possibility of infection all the time, and hence, if it starts causing so much discomfort it is better to get it operated.

You need to do a scrotal ultrasound to find out why the other testicle has started hurting and if there is an ongoing infection, you can start treatment without any further delay. If your urologist is not helping, kindly consult some other urologist who will be operating the cyst out. Otherwise, it will not stop hurting. There is no medical management for this.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is Doxycycline a safe drug for abdominal pain?
Is an ultrasound not essential to detect the cause of lump in testicle?
I have dull testicle pain and intermittent stomach pain. What could it be?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Testicular Pain

Article Overview: Read about all the possible causes and symptoms of testicular pain. Also, learn about home remedies and treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Testicle Anatomy Testes or testicles are male reproductive glands which produce sperm and the hormone testosterone. Males have two testicles within the scrotum, which is the extension of the abdominal wall. The testes are covered by a membrane called tunica albuginea, and the insides are made of fi...  Read Article

What to do for anechoic cyst in epididymis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have anechoic cyst in epididymis. I have attached my reports. Please help.  Read Full »

Why do my penis and testes not hang down normally?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male who is around 5 feet 5 inches. My issue is that my penis does not hang down normally, it sticks out when flaccid. Also my testes do not hang down and I am not sure if I have testes at all.  Read Full »

Also Read

Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.