Q. Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I am a 32 year old male. Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis, with impression hydrocele and internal septations?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

• In cases of epididymo-orchitis with associated hydrocele, chances that it is a pyocele (pus-filled collection) is higher.
  • The presence of internal septations is more suggestive of pus rather than simple hydrocele.
  • If symptoms are severe and are not responding to antibiotics, then surgery is definitely indicated. Some cases may even need removal of the testis. Preoperative consent for the same is usually taken. 

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full »

What causes enlarged testicles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male. I have enlarged right testicle, which is three to four times the left one. There is no pain or discomfort. I have noticed it today only. It may be there for some time. Please help.  Read Full »