Inflammation of the epididymis that is the coiled tube on top of the testes is called epididymo-orchitis. The symptoms include swelling, pain, and tenderness in the scrotum, fluid around the testes, blood in semen, painful urination, and fever. Some of the causes are sexually transmitted infections, bacterial infections, trauma, and tuberculosis.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why am I having severe abdominal pain and testicle swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering from severe pain in the lower abdomen and testicle swelling and pain. I ran to a urologist immediately and got an abdomen scan and scrotum scan done. It is mentioned that the left testis is enlarged, and no flow is seen on the Doppler. It is mentioned that epididymo-or...  Read Full »

Dr. Yousef Abbas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you get in touch with us. I am sorry to learn about your condition. I read your sonography report (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) very carefully, and I am not too happy with the diagnosis. An early cancerous process (which would be 99% ...  Read Full »

I have pain and discomfort in the pelvic area, which aggravates while sitting. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 5 feet 24 inches, and weight is 185 pounds. I have a pain and discomfort in the pelvic area which gets aggravated on sitting, lower back pain, irritation on peeing, burning sensation in the pelvic region which radiates at times to the leg. I have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have a chronic mild to moderate inflammation of the pelvic organs, most probably the urinary bladder. The possibility of a chronic epididymo-orchitis also has to be ruled out. Please do get the following investigations: CBC (com...  Read Full »

Does repeated painful swelling of testicles indicate epididymo-orchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My left testicle is slightly swollen. For four days, I am feeling slight pain. I asked the general doctor, he gave me Trypsin-Chymotrypsin tablet twice a day, Diclofenac 50 mg tablet twice a day, and Pantoprazole 40 mg twice a day before meal. I am using scrotal support to reduce the pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears as recurrent epididymo-orchitis. Please get a urine culture sensitivity done and get back to me. Meanwhile, I suggest you start tablet Levoflox (Levofloxacin) 750 mg once in night after food for five days. You can continue the rest of the medications till you...  Read Full »

Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had testicle and lower abdominal pain from couple of weeks, but I did not have burning sensation on urinating. So, I started taking antibiotic Azithromycin and analgesics Ibuprofen. Now my pain has almost subsided, but I have developed a lump on the posterior...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from epididymo-orchitis, which is a condition characterized by inflammation of the testis leading to testicular pain and epididymis (a structure behind test...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the color of semen to differ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I have been dealing with erectile dysfunction for nearly three years now. My sex drives do come and go, but it is based on the quality of my semen comes out. Sometimes, I have a good sex drive along with a good hard and my semen will come out rich white and a norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair Bhaskaran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your descriptions are absolutely right. The semen looks different at times depending upon how frequently you masturbate. If you masturbate weekly twice, then it will be white and once in ten days it may be yellowish. In addition, I have a feeling that you are having epi...  Read Full »

Will my testicular infection spread to my partner through unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor,My left testicle is swollen, and it pains sometimes. Doctors say that there is some infection. I was prescribed with AKT-4. Three months back, my semen analysis report showed pus cells 2-4 hpf and RBC 2-4 hpf. My present report showed pus cells nil and RBC nil. Semen culture report showed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you suffered from epididymo-orchitis due to tubercular infection. Although the urine culture and microscopy report showed all normal, it is advisable to use protection while ...  Read Full »

I have redness, bumps on the foreskin of my penis, and an urge to urinate. I tested negative for STI. Do I have any infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I do not have diabetes or hypertension, and I do not smoke. I had unprotected sex two weeks back. After three days, I had pain in my left testicle. Now, I do not have pain. I have mild pain after ejaculation. I also have redness and bumps on the foreskin of my pen...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From the symptoms that you have described, you are likely to have urethritis with epi-didymo-orchitis, which may be a component of prostatitis. I suggest you answer the following question for assisting you further: 1. Do you have any dis...  Read Full »

I have dull tight pain in testicles and spermatic cord all the time. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male and have been experiencing a dull, tight pain on the back of my testicles and in the spermatic cord. Sometimes it feels like a rough scraping inside my scrotum. The pain is debilitating, and I have had it for about six months now. It started on the backside of my...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history and clinical symptoms are suggestive of epididymo-orchitis of both testes. You told that you have undergone a number of investigations. It would have been convenient for me if you had uploaded the same. Anyway, you need a clinical examination too. So you need...  Read Full »

What causes mild pain in the left groin area and testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old male. I started to have mild pain in the left groin area last night. It got increased while moving. I also started to have mild pain in the left testicle. But it was not continuous. It happened sharply while changing body postures or during deep breathing. I do not hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left groin pain radiating to the left testicle can occur due to left ureteric stone or left epididymo-orchitis or left small inguinal hernia. Left ureteric stone often occurs with groin pain. Sometimes, if the stone lies in the left lower ureter, then the pain occurs in...  Read Full »

I have had a swelling recurring on the right testicle for four years. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old, I have a reoccurring swollen right testicle since I was about 12 years old. Whenever my right testicle swells up, I feel a¬†tension in my lower abdomen, and it becomes difficult to perform any physical activities. Whenever my testicle is not swollen, it feels as if ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, the enlarged testicle could be due to only three possibilities which are. Congenital hydrocele Epididymo-orchitis. Varicocele. Recurrent nature and spontaneous disappearance are very classical of congenital hydrocele. When you visited ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.