Q. I am unable to get erection when touched by my partner and during sex. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am suffering an erection problem for the last three years. I am married for the last 1 year but I never did satisfaction and natural sex with my wife. My problem is I used to do a lot of masturbation heavy masturbation with oil so it is erect for a while and again loose.

One more thing my penis would not get erect or discharged if my wife do handjob and sex, it gets erect only when I touch. I am trying a lot to discharge in my wife's vagina but I could not do so because at the end movement it is going to loose. One more thing I cannot masturbate with my dry hand because I need some oily lubricants to erect my penis. After marriage also I am doing masturbation. Due to heavy masturbation, my penis shrinks and sometimes I forgot things. I am not able to remember anything.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Anejaculation is a condition where a man cannot discharge semen. It can be absolute when he cannot discharge in any situation and situational when he cannot discharge in certain situations but can discharge in other conditions. If he can ejaculate with masturbation but not with sex then it is a psychological issue. If he cannot ejaculate even with masturbation or in dreams then it is a physical issue for which some tests need to be done.

Psychological issue is due to inhibition when a man cannot ejaculate in the presence of another person. It can be overcome by gradual desensitization. He can rub his penis on any body part of the female like buttocks, thighs, breasts, belly, etc, and try to ejaculate. The female can also masturbate him. It is a long drawn process and often frustrating but is useful. He can also self masturbate and on the verge of ejaculation put the head of penis into the vagina. Also vibrators can be used. But before doing all these enough foreplay should be done if needed help of pornography can be taken. Also there are medicine to reduce the anxiety related to it and facilitate ejaculation. For physical problems the treatment is decided after doing some blood tests and ultrasound tests.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

It has a large psychological component in a huge number of patients - depression, a common psychiatric condition, is much more commonly seen in diabetic men ... This causes a rise in the pressure within the urethra of the pen...   Read full

Can excessive masturbation cause tickling sensation in penis?

.. like to know a few details: 1. Since when this started to happen? 2. Is it persistent or intermittent? 3. Where exactly this tickling sensation happen in your penis? At its tip/ undersurface/ upper side/ at the base of penis? 4. Do you mean ti...   Read full

My penis is not erecting properly. Please advice ayurvedic treatment.

Erection and hardness of penis mostly depend on your psychology ... According to your thoughts, some hormonal activities occurs which leads to increase blood flow in penile blood cavity which causes hardness and ...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

What Is Epilepsy Or Seizure Disorder?
We all are familiar with the term epilepsy, and always associate it with fits or seizures. But, there is more to it. So,...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.