Q. I am unable to get erection when touched by my partner and during sex. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

I am suffering an erection problem for the last three years. I am married for the last 1 year but I never did satisfaction and natural sex with my wife. My problem is I used to do a lot of masturbation heavy masturbation with oil so it is erect for a while and again loose.

One more thing my penis would not get erect or discharged if my wife do handjob and sex, it gets erect only when I touch. I am trying a lot to discharge in my wife's vagina but I could not do so because at the end movement it is going to loose. One more thing I cannot masturbate with my dry hand because I need some oily lubricants to erect my penis. After marriage also I am doing masturbation. Due to heavy masturbation, my penis shrinks and sometimes I forgot things. I am not able to remember anything.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

Anejaculation is a condition where a man cannot discharge semen. It can be absolute when he cannot discharge in any situation and situational when he cannot discharge in certain situations but can discharge in other conditions. If he can ejaculate with masturbation but not with sex then it is a psychological issue. If he cannot ejaculate even with masturbation or in dreams then it is a physical issue for which some tests need to be done.

Psychological issue is due to inhibition when a man cannot ejaculate in the presence of another person. It can be overcome by gradual desensitization. He can rub his penis on any body part of the female like buttocks, thighs, breasts, belly, etc, and try to ejaculate. The female can also masturbate him. It is a long drawn process and often frustrating but is useful. He can also self masturbate and on the verge of ejaculation put the head of penis into the vagina. Also vibrators can be used. But before doing all these enough foreplay should be done if needed help of pornography can be taken. Also there are medicine to reduce the anxiety related to it and facilitate ejaculation. For physical problems the treatment is decided after doing some blood tests and ultrasound tests.

| 

I have fear of ED since I turned 50. Is my condition worrisome?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about ED. I am 51. I am fit but have hypertension that is controlled using 5 mg of Bystolic daily. BP generally runs 120/77 but can be higher depending upon stress levels. My most recent physical showed healthy levels of cholesterol and blood sugars. I do however have anxi...  Read Full »

Does excessive masturbation cause white layer of penis?

Query: Hello doctor,Due to continuous masturbation, my penis head became red. Also, some whitish layer has formed on it as well. Sometimes, there is even inflammation in urinating. I am going to get married within a short period, I am worried about this. Can you please advise me some medication?  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now