Q. There is a pressure feeling in the bottom of my throat. What could it be?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2022

I have been suffering from severe health issues for six months. My main problems include difficulty to burp, fatigue, pressure feeling in the bottom of my throat, for which I have done gastroscopy, which yielded no results. Also, I have done an MRI and barium swallow test. The barium swallow clearly shows an air bubble, which I am not able to burp out. This bubble is in the same location where I have the pressure feeling. I have overlayed the MRI and barium swallow, which shows the air bubble that is stuck underneath my thyroid. Can you please have a look at my thyroid MRI images and tell me if there are any anomalies. If there are no anomalies, what other things could prevent the gas from passing my neck? I have attached all the images for your reference.

#

I have read your query and saw the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

It does not appear to be related to your thyroid. It seems more like esophageal atresia.

Since your symptoms also point out in the direction of an esophageal deformity, I would suggest that you have a consultation with a general surgeon for the same.

Hope you find my advice beneficial.

|