Q. Having pubic hair with white coating. What is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 14, 2019

I have been getting pubic hair with a white coating under the testicle area. It almost looks like the hair is coated with white conditioner. I have also noticed that the area seems to be sticky when I sweat. I shave the pubic hair off, but it comes right back. I have been checked for STDs and I have none. Is this from my partner since it keeps coming back? Or is that it is deeper than shaving the hair off? Is there any creams I can use?

#

I have seen your query and concern.

• Please get reviewed with picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern.
  • It seems you have excessive sebum secretion from your body. For this you have to clean the area regularly with Syndet soap (Cetaphil) like Moisturex Syndet soap or Perobar 2.5 (Benzoyl peroxide).
  • Also, shave the area regularly and try an oil free moisturizer twice or thrice daily.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I will try that. What causes this? And what can I do to prevent it? Is it my partner giving me this? Although I shave, I have a few hairs in the picture.

#

• I can see excessive sebum secretion in genitalia. It is under influence of sex hormones and its level varies from individual to individual.
  • It did not get transferred from your partner.
  • As far as treatment part, there is no active treatment required. Just maintaining regular cleaning.
  • It is not a disease. It is a physiological response. So, nothing to worry. It will slowly go away as you cross the age of 30 or more.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have been cleaning it with Caress bar soap. But, I will use what you suggested since my soap is not working.

#

• Yes, you must try it and give me feedback about improvement.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|