Excess Sebum Production

My buttock stinks badly. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. My buttock always stinks badly. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Being obese, how to keep my body clean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I have an issue with keeping my body clean. My body is constantly dirty, in the sense that if I use my fingernails to scrub any part of my body after soaking in water for some time, I always get light or dark greyish gunge under them (more so if I soak in a moisturi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, overweight and obesity can lead to such problem because our sebaceous glands get bigger and too making more sebum and you feel like being dirty all the time. I will suggest you to first try to decrease your weight within limits. It will be very helpful not only...  Read Full »

Why do I have waxy buildup on the roots of hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. For the past two years, I have had this waxy buildup only on the roots of my hair. It feels sticky, oily and stiff. None of the shampoo I have tried has fixed it. The problem goes away a couple of days after I dye my roots. I am wondering if there may be a p...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. It seems you are having seborrheic capitis. Seborrheic capitis is a papulosquamous disorder involves sebum-rich areas of the body, which is scalp. Intermittent active phases manifesting with burning, scaling and itching and alternating ...  Read Full »

What is the white stuff that is covering the pubic hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting pubic hair with a white coating under the testicle area. It almost looks like the hair is coated with white conditioner. I have also noticed that the area seems to be sticky when I sweat. I shave the pubic hair off, but it comes right back. I have been checked for STDs...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. Please get reviewed with picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern. It seems you have excessive sebum secretion from your body. For this you have to clean the area regularly with Syndet soap (Cetaphil...  Read Full »

How to control excess sebum production on my scalp naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male, who is 163 cm tall, and I weigh 62 kg. How to control excess sebum production on my scalp? It causes my hair to fall like anything.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When hair roots do not get sufficient nutrition, then its roots become weak and fragile so that you will have hair fall. Another most important cause is applying several kinds of shampoo and conditioner, which makes hair and scalp rough and dry. So kindly avoid using d...  Read Full »

Can you suggest an alternative to Accutane for acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am on Isotretinoin for around 50 days. My face is now clear and it really improved my skin as I have oily skin. But, I have noticed clay colored stools. I am also having high fever and facing weakness. Now, my veins on hand started to swell. I am also having difficulty in breathing. But...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should visit your physician as soon as possible. All these can be symptoms of obstructive jaundice. To confirm get your blood tested for complete blood count and liver function test. Also, get a urine routine microscopic test and ultrasound abdomen. Stop oral Isotreti...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for clogged skin pores?

Query: Hi doctor, Can dead skin and excessive sebum buildup cause itchy skin? If so then what is the most effective treatment for clogged pores?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have excess sebum then you can develop acne or seborrheic dermatitis,which can cause itching.The best way to remove excess of sebum is steaming your face which not only open your closed pores but also reduce the chance of acne and other skin disease.You should do f...  Read Full »