Q. I feel irritation while urinating with occasional semen drops. Are these side effects of excess masturbation?

Dr. Yousef Abbas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 03, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I am 17 years old. I masturbated a lot (sometimes rough) for one year and even two to three times in a row on some occasions. Then I almost gave up watching porn and masturbating. But I felt testicular pain some months ago. Then I faced irritation in urinating, and semen drops three to four times, and premature ejaculation, of course. And I am suffering from wet dreams frequently. But now I am feeling penile pain. After urinating, the pain abates a little bit, then again intense. It takes time to start urinating. Please help.

#

These are the normal symptoms that occur when a good young man like you gets rid of the very bad illness of masturbation. You had it, and now you must go through this period in which you have the symptoms you describe. But you must not masturbate ever again. Never, without any excuse. You can already see the terrible effects it has. They will go away at your age, but imagine how bad it would have been when you would have continued masturbating.

Wet dreams during deep sleep are healthy and normal up to the age of 21. Until that age, we do not treat wet dreams. Only masturbation has to be treated regardless of the age of the patient.

So this all means you now know what a bad thing masturbation is, but you will be better in a couple of months. And wet dreams are normal and acceptable at your age. Only later one would treat them surgically.

|