Q. I lost my energy and power due to bad masturbation. How to regain it?

Dr. Ravi M Soni
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 21, 2019

I am 29 years old. I masturbate badly (without lubricants) for over 13 years. Because of this, my artery becomes loose and both of my scrota are becoming small. When I work I get muscle pain, back, and leg pain. I lost my energy and power. I want to recover my energy as soon as possible because I am going to get married within three to four months. Please help. I have not taken any medication yet.

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I have understood your concern. I think that losing power, you mean erectile dysfunction.I will answer in detail about erectile dysfunction and masturbation.

Masturbation by any method does not cause any physical and sexual weakness. It is not a bad habit. It is a way of satisfying your sexual needs in the absence of a female partner. Losing muscle power, testis is getting small, etc., all are the psychological counterparts of worrying about the masturbation and considering it as a bad habit. When you believe that masturbation is bad, it causes anxiety and all other symptoms. You are completely healthy and sexually competent. You do not need any medications and should enjoy your sexual life about to come. So remove the myths from your mind about masturbation.

Erectile dysfunction can be because of so many causes. It can be because of the anxiety arose in your mind because of masturbation. When a person has something in his mind, which continues to bother him then he might be distracted in every activity and gradually lose interest and started feeling sad and this also happens with sex also.

Another possibility is a vicious cycle of anxiety and poor sex performance. So when a person has anxiety about sexual performance, he is distracted and may lose erection in between or even complete absence of erection may be there. Social issues which make you anxious and depressed are also interfering in sexual performance. So you should identify your anxiety and try to deal with it.

There should not be disharmony between the sexual partners. Sex should not be at places where the fear of being caught is there. Sex should not be in a hurry. Do not compare your physique with those shown in movies. When you have dealt with all the issues, you should spend more time in foreplay before going for penetrative sex. This will increase the duration of erection and foreplay should be continued during penetrative sex also.

So finally I would say that you are completely alright. Need not do anything. Enjoy masturbation and your sex life.

| 
1 out of 2 likes