Weakness

Will surgery of choroid plexus in the left ventricle cause weakness in the left side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have choroid plexus AVM (sm grade 2) in the right temporal horn of the lateral ventricle. Doctor said embolization and gamma knife are not possible. So they opted for microsurgery and said surgery would lead to weakness on the left side. I want to know what are the other effects? Ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see the angiogram images to comment in detail. Anyways, I have listed the essential points : Your weakness will depend on the extent of the damage during surgery. If some blood vessels are damaged, which supply the bundle of nerves supplying the limbs, you...  Read Full »

What to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines: 1. Lantus injection 26 units in the morning. 2. K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg). 3. K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg). 4. Tendia...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, I would suggest increasing the dose of Lantas to 30 units once daily. Try to rotate the insulin injection sites as well. Try to walk for 30 minutes and drink 12 glasses of water daily. It will help the natural lo...  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme weakness even after a little bit of standing or walking. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from extreme weakness even after a little bit of standing or walking. I have undergone the LFT test result as follows. Alkaline phosphate 136 SGPT 60, SGOT 45, bilirubin 1.0, albumin 4.86, and protein 8.69. Also lipid profile result cholesterol 280, triglyceride is 150. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood investigation seems to be normal, not to worry. But higher level of cholesterol is seen. For your symptoms and high cholesterolFollow the instructions.  Read Full »

Can iron deficiency cause tremors?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just wondering if it is possible to have neurological symptoms with low ferritin levels. My hemoglobin is 13, but the last check on ferritin said it was 5.3. I am suffering severe internal tremors, fatigue, cold hands and feet and weak shaking legs. My symptoms improve while on a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A low ferritin can cause fatigue and weakness. A full iron deficiency panel needs to be done. This includes: CBC (complete blood count) Differentials. Hemoglobin. RBC (Red blood cell). Hematocrit. RDW-CV. MCV. MCH. Serum iron. TIBC (total iron binding capacity). Satura...  Read Full »

Can low iron cause fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia. You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months. I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. ...  Read Full »

What can be done to feel stronger and healthy after viral infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I was really sick this summer in the hospital after being diagnosed with a viral infection that put me out for a month and a half. I lost a lot of weight and strength. My doctor told me to start off with walking, which I did as I got better near the end of summer. But now I am back at...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After such a severe infection, the recovery is going to be prolonged. My recommendation is to do aerobic mainly mixed with a small amount of strength training 90:10. Once you are able to go 30 minutes in one session without feeling faint and this may take time. Also ...  Read Full »

From my test report, please explain if I have a chance to develop leukemia.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 year old female. My test report says WBC count 12.46, AMC 0.85, AEC 0.76 and normocytic normochromic cells. I feel extreme weakness, frequent infections, petechiae and daily headache. But, there is no weight loss. Are there any chances of leukemia? For your information, during ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After looking into your reports there is nothing to be worried except for low vitamin D. Coming to your doubt of leukemia, the probability is very less. But, you need to get a peripheral smear examination which will throw more light into the condition. It wi...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe abdominal pain with weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, There had been a pain in the lower abdomen. It usually starts from the back and becomes severe in the lower abdomen. The doctor prescribed antibiotics but the pain still persists. Lost a lot of weight and feeling weak with pain. Colonoscopy report interpreted.  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your post and colonoscopy with biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Two issues I find are diverticulitis and colonic polyp. Treatment for recurrent diverticulitis is surgical excision. Treatment for tubulovillous adenoma with high grade...  Read Full »

Whar causes muscle twitching in the right forearm?

Query: Hello doctor,Since the past week, I have had a twitch in my forearm area. I do not know if it was because I had to lift a three-gallon bottle for a long stance, or due to my anxiety issues. There is no weakness or atrophy as could be the case with ALS. Also, the movement of the twitch is very visi...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that, it is possible to confirm the diagnosis of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), only after physically examining the patient. About your concerns, I would like to inform you that an isolated twitching...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause muscle twitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body need...  Read Full »