Weakness

What can cause weakness and high protein content in urine in a diabetic patient?

Query: Recent blood tests revealed that proteins in urine is 486 against 130 in the 24 hour unit test. I am diabetic, however it is under control. Fasting sugar is 106 and after break fast it 120. I am using Diapride M 0.5 for Blood Sugar and Citanil T 40 for BP. I consulted nephrologist and he told m...  Read Full »

Dr. Pranaw Kumar Jha

Nephrologist

Answer: Dear, Thanks for the query As per the records you have diabetes, hypertension and related complications such as retinopathy, nephropathy Your blood sugar control is good and other investigations also look fair Your doctor has rightly prescribed you Cetanil-T which contains Telmisartan which is use...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sore throat and feel weak sometimes?

Query: I feel like sore throat and feel weak sometimes , but don’t have fever and cough  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

Answer: Hello, If you have sore throat and weakness, and you don't have running nose, neck pain , high fever probably you have simple flu or bacterial infection. You don't have to panic about covid 19( coronavirus ). You can use Augmentin 625mg for 5 days( THREE times a day tablet) and have plenty of luke...  Read Full »

There is extreme weakness with low carbon dioxide. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Experience episodes of extreme weakness, lethargy, tiredness, unable to get out of bed + going to the bathroom often at night. Two years back had ecg-proven vtach after an episode went on for several days. Have had labs done close to two episodes. A month back carbon dioxide was sligh...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports and labs that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), You have one report showing slightly low normal potasium level of 3.8. V tac can be because of low potasium level. There can be condition called as distal renal tubul...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

Why is mom not able to walk?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 83 years old. She is suffering from hypertension. She is taking Tazloc 40 mg bd since six to seven years. Of late, she cannot walk on her own. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, difficulty to walk could be due to many conditions. I have listed them below. Weakness of bones or fracture in her hip bones. Considering her age she can have weakness of bones due to calcium or vitamin D deficiency or due to disease like osteoporosis. This...  Read Full »

Will surgery of choroid plexus in the left ventricle cause weakness in the left side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have choroid plexus AVM (sm grade 2) in the right temporal horn of the lateral ventricle. Doctor said embolization and gamma knife are not possible. So they opted for microsurgery and said surgery would lead to weakness on the left side. I want to know what are the other effects? Ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see the angiogram images to comment in detail. Anyways, I have listed the essential points : Your weakness will depend on the extent of the damage during surgery. If some blood vessels are damaged, which supply the bundle of nerves supplying the limbs, you...  Read Full »

What to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines: 1. Lantus injection 26 units in the morning. 2. K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg). 3. K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg). 4. Tendia...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, I would suggest increasing the dose of Lantas to 30 units once daily. Try to rotate the insulin injection sites as well. Try to walk for 30 minutes and drink 12 glasses of water daily. It will help the natural lo...  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme weakness even after a little bit of standing or walking. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from extreme weakness even after a little bit of standing or walking. I have undergone the LFT test result as follows. Alkaline phosphate 136 SGPT 60, SGOT 45, bilirubin 1.0, albumin 4.86, and protein 8.69. Also lipid profile result cholesterol 280, triglyceride is 150. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood investigation seems to be normal, not to worry. But higher level of cholesterol is seen. For your symptoms and high cholesterolFollow the instructions.  Read Full »

Can iron deficiency cause tremors?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just wondering if it is possible to have neurological symptoms with low ferritin levels. My hemoglobin is 13, but the last check on ferritin said it was 5.3. I am suffering severe internal tremors, fatigue, cold hands and feet and weak shaking legs. My symptoms improve while on a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A low ferritin can cause fatigue and weakness. A full iron deficiency panel needs to be done. This includes: CBC (complete blood count) Differentials. Hemoglobin. RBC (Red blood cell). Hematocrit. RDW-CV. MCV. MCH. Serum iron. TIBC (total iron binding capacity). Satura...  Read Full »

Can low iron cause fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia. You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months. I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. ...  Read Full »