Weakness

What can cause weakness and breathing trouble?

Query: My mom is 45 years old. She's having trouble breathing. Every move exhausts her very much. She is very weak and needs assistance when walking. She needs to be in front of a fan or aircondition all day or else she'd have trouble breathing. It's episodic and usually she have attacks when she's really ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmed Goha

Answer: hi there i understand your concern likely your mother dyspnea is due to what is called heart failure whoch is the inability of the heart to pump sufficent amount of blood to meet body needs and this may be due to her previous heart problem whoch can be either rheumatic valvilar heart disease or c...  Read Full »

Will excess intake of vitamin D and calcium cause weakness, dizziness and tingling sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I started taking Vitamin D and calcium more than I should have in the beginning of the year. Later on, I started to feel weak and dizzy at work, my feet and hands tingle and would go pale and my neck in the thyroid area started to hurt. I have been to the doctor to have blood work, bu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your attached Hb electrophoresis report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), abnormal hemoglobin is not present. So you are not having any abnormal hemoglobinopathy. Your main complaint is weakness, dizziness, and tingling. So anemia, B12 deficiency, th...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for symptoms like tired, fatigue, dizzness and headache?

Query: Hello doctor, Actually, I have been feeling low energy, tired, and fatigue for a couple months now. Also, I get light dizzy, light-headed, and headache, it gets worse when I walk or stand up. The headache is concentrated from the sides and sometimes forehead and around eyes. However, I have been su...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Ahsan Habib

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may happen sometimes but it will be solved very soon. Avoid those stressful conditions. Medication has to be given.  Read Full »

How to treat severe constipation that causes extreme weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from severe constipation for the past 10 days. There is also discharge and itch from the anus. I am also feeling excessive weakness after passing stools.  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Muhamed

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it looks like severe constipation. But I would like to know a few more details so that I can confirm the diagnosis. Have you had similar episodes in the past? Do you have any abdominal distension or pain? How is your appetite? If you were to descri...  Read Full »

What can cause weakness and high protein content in urine in a diabetic patient?

Query: Recent blood tests revealed that proteins in urine is 486 against 130 in the 24 hour unit test. I am diabetic, however it is under control. Fasting sugar is 106 and after break fast it 120. I am using Diapride M 0.5 for Blood Sugar and Citanil T 40 for BP. I consulted nephrologist and he told m...  Read Full »

Dr. Pranaw Kumar Jha

Nephrologist

Answer: Dear, Thanks for the query As per the records you have diabetes, hypertension and related complications such as retinopathy, nephropathy Your blood sugar control is good and other investigations also look fair Your doctor has rightly prescribed you Cetanil-T which contains Telmisartan which is use...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sore throat and feel weak sometimes?

Query: I feel like sore throat and feel weak sometimes , but don’t have fever and cough  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, If you have sore throat and weakness, and you don't have running nose, neck pain , high fever probably you have simple flu or bacterial infection. You don't have to panic about covid 19( coronavirus ). You can use Augmentin 625mg for 5 days( THREE times a day tablet) and have plenty of luke...  Read Full »

There is extreme weakness with low carbon dioxide. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Experience episodes of extreme weakness, lethargy, tiredness, unable to get out of bed + going to the bathroom often at night. Two years back had ecg-proven vtach after an episode went on for several days. Have had labs done close to two episodes. A month back carbon dioxide was sligh...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports and labs that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), You have one report showing slightly low normal potasium level of 3.8. V tac can be because of low potasium level. There can be condition called as distal renal tubul...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

Why is mom not able to walk?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 83 years old. She is suffering from hypertension. She is taking Tazloc 40 mg bd since six to seven years. Of late, she cannot walk on her own. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, difficulty to walk could be due to many conditions. I have listed them below. Weakness of bones or fracture in her hip bones. Considering her age she can have weakness of bones due to calcium or vitamin D deficiency or due to disease like osteoporosis. This...  Read Full »

Will surgery of choroid plexus in the left ventricle cause weakness in the left side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have choroid plexus AVM (sm grade 2) in the right temporal horn of the lateral ventricle. Doctor said embolization and gamma knife are not possible. So they opted for microsurgery and said surgery would lead to weakness on the left side. I want to know what are the other effects? Ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see the angiogram images to comment in detail. Anyways, I have listed the essential points : Your weakness will depend on the extent of the damage during surgery. If some blood vessels are damaged, which supply the bundle of nerves supplying the limbs, you...  Read Full »