Q. Kindly advise a permanent treatment for papillary hypertrophy in eye.

Dr. Manish Mahabir

I have papillary hypertrophy in the eye. I get red eye, mild itching, and irritation. I am taking Olopatadine and KT eye drop and lubricating eye drop for five months. The symptoms are subsided but flare up sometime. It means I am fine until I take medication but symptoms come back if stopped. So there is no improvement in my condition. Any advice?

#

Unfortunately, allergies are chronic diseases and do not get well permanently. Once you notice mild symptoms, you can start Olopatadine without KT (Ketorolac) and lubricants. They are safe drugs for long-term use. No need to worry. They should eventually decrease with age. Take care.

|