Q. Does it take 2 to 3 weeks for a bacterial eye infection to heal?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

From the last two weeks, my eyes are reddish. So after three days, I consulted an ophthalmologist, and he said that I have got an eye infection, and he suggested to use Vigamox, Floace, and tear eye drops, four times daily. But after two days, my vision started to blur, so I rushed to the doctor again. He again said it is a bacterial infection, and he said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to recover. I am using the prescribed eye drops from a week, but my vision has not recovered even a bit. I am afraid because, before the infection, my vision was 100 %, but now my left eye is totally blurred. Will it take three weeks to recover? Do I have a corneal infection? Please help.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This could be due to adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis, which means there is an infection in the cornea, which has caused blurred vision.
  • Your treatment is going in the correct direction. It usually takes three weeks for full recovery, but if that infection leaves corneal scars, then vision will be blurred for life.
  • I suggest adding Cyclosporine eye drop twice daily after consulting your ophthalmologist. This will help you in reducing the size of the scars and improving the vision.

Having said that, it is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly share your case report, so that I may guide you better.

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|