Q. I scratched my eye and have redness, sensitivity to light, and pain. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I have lightly poked/scratched my right eye, and the symptoms I have are redness, sensitivity to light, and light to moderate pain (not severe). My right eye just feels irritated. Please help.

I am currently on Hypromellose eye lubricant and rinse with clean water twice.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

When it has happened? Kindly attach your eye photo here so that I can see your eye condition and depending on that I will prescribe you eye drops. After that, you will be completely alright.

| 

This happened yesterday in the afternoon, it was not red yesterday and it only became red this morning.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is looking like there is a minor scratch in the lower part of your cornea. Because of it there is redness due to congestion in the conjunctiva. So you have to use antibiotic eye drops along with lubricant eye drops to reduce your symptoms.

Moxifloxacin is the one you have to use four times a day for a week and carboxymethyl cellulose eye drops six times a day for a week. And kindly take one opinion of cornea consultant too. Because it needs a thorough examination with slit lamp to find out any other minor lesion in the cornea.

Slit-lamp examination.

Likely infective.

Do not rub your eyes. Do not touch your eyes.

After five days.

| 

How long do I have to take the antibiotics?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Both drops you have to use for a week and kindly consult a cornea specialist also, so that if he or she wants to add anything extra they can add.

|