Q. I accidentally got eucalyptus oil in my eye. Is there anything I should do?

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Natarajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Eye Injury or Burning Sensation In Eyes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I got eucalyptus oil in my eye by accident while trying to open a bottle of the same. I tried flushing my eye with water which then I read on the internet not to use water. I then tapped olive oil around my eye as suggested on the Internet. My eye stung so much with the water but then it did not sting anymore. It was late at night. So, then I went to bed. Is there anything I should do?