Eye Injury

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

Why did I have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Query: 4-5 years ago, while playing, my eye get injured by a plastic ball. It was a hard hit, but my eye get recoverd in 2-3 days. My eye get red and started having a reddish vission. Like orange colour seems to be reddish orange for my that eye only. All this took 5-7 days to heal up and after me eye ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello sir. Since there is no problems right now there is no reason to worry. Most probably you had blood accumulation under white of eye or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might also have had bleeding inside of eye called hyphema which got resolved by own. If the second one was there,I advise you to...  Read Full »

How to treat redness and irritation in scratched eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lightly poked/scratched my right eye, and the symptoms I have are redness, sensitivity to light, and light to moderate pain (not severe). My right eye just feels irritated. Please help. I am currently on Hypromellose eye lubricant and rinse with clean water twice.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When it has happened? Kindly attach your eye photo here so that I can see your eye condition and depending on that I will prescribe you eye drops. After that, you will be completely alright.  Read Full »

Are there any medication to fade out the discoloration caused due to bruise in eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem with my eyes. I had a black eye a month ago and it swelled and bruised. The bruise went from purple to dark purple to yellowish-green and then brown. Now it stuck with brown and I am getting worried that it won't fade away. What do I have to do? Or what medicine ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is due to any blunt trauma to the eye. As you have described it is changing color so that color change will be due to pigments change in the blood. Is there any trauma history? Kindly send a picture of your eye so that I can diagnose it properly. Without a...  Read Full »

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »

Will accidental contact of pest spray in eyes affect my vision even after rinsing immediately?

Query: Hello doctor, I accidentally got Amdro indoor pest killer in my eyes. I immediately rinsed it out and continued to do so for 15 minutes under the tap water. Will the spray affect my vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that a pest killer went into your eye, and you have immediately washed the eye for 15 minutes. It is a good thing you have done by washing the eye. This is the first line of treatment, and you have done it. The next mode of treatment depend...  Read Full »

Can a staple that entered my eye 10 years back result in permanent blindness?

Query: Hello doctor,I am currently 18 years old. I remember when I was 8 years old, a staple entered my right eye. I think it went under my eyelid and I did not tell my parents about it. I did not feel any irritations or as if something is in my eye. What should I do? Will I go permanently blind? Please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If a foreign body was lodged in your eye, it would definitely have caused an irritation. A staple is quite a big foreign body. In my opinion, it was dislodged then and there. If you are still in doubt, you can go for a CT scan of your orbit (the area around your eye)...  Read Full »

A 3-year-old has injured his eye. Is corneal suture a right treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,My nephew is 3-year-old and had injured his eye, and now doctor said suturing is required. So please tell me what is the outcome of corneal sutures, and is this a right treatment?   Read Full »

Dr. Ramgopal P

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about the incident that happened with your nephew. The right treatment for this condition is to repair with suturing. However, it is to be seen what the size of the injury is, and if any other structures inside the eye have been damaged. If it is a...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to wear glass for eye power in an 8-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 8.11 years old. He had an eye injury one week before, which caused left eye corneal epithelial defect (3 mm, no infiltrate). He was adviced for constant use of single vision white glass. His reports are, Right eye (SPH=+0.00), (CYL=+0.75), (AXIS=95), (VISION=6/6). Left eye (S...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns and have gone through your son's eye records. I can confirm that the power given cannot be reversed by eating carrots and vitamins. This type of power is called a cylindrical power, and if he does not wear the glasses, he can develop weakne...  Read Full »

How to treat bruising under the eye caused by trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit on my cheek by a rock while doing some work. The area under my eye swole up and caused me to have a black eye. Now a whole one year two months later, I still feel the bruising of under eye similar to the look of a black eye. Is there a certain term for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The certain term for this is the black eye that you have told yourself. This is a particular term (black eye) used for trauma to eye area resulting in blood collection around it. Another term used for it is raccoon eyes or panda eyes as it forms a complete ring aroun...  Read Full »