Eye Injury

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »

Will accidental contact of pest spray in eyes affect my vision even after rinsing immediately?

Query: Hello doctor, I accidentally got Amdro indoor pest killer in my eyes. I immediately rinsed it out and continued to do so for 15 minutes under the tap water. Will the spray affect my vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that a pest killer went into your eye, and you have immediately washed the eye for 15 minutes. It is a good thing you have done by washing the eye. This is the first line of treatment, and you have done it. The next mode of treatment depend...  Read Full »

Can a staple that entered my eye 10 years back result in permanent blindness?

Query: Hello doctor,I am currently 18 years old. I remember when I was 8 years old, a staple entered my right eye. I think it went under my eyelid and I did not tell my parents about it. I did not feel any irritations or as if something is in my eye. What should I do? Will I go permanently blind? Please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If a foreign body was lodged in your eye, it would definitely have caused an irritation. A staple is quite a big foreign body. In my opinion, it was dislodged then and there. If you are still in doubt, you can go for a CT scan of your orbit (the area around your eye)...  Read Full »

A 3-year-old has injured his eye. Is corneal suture a right treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,My nephew is 3-year-old and had injured his eye, and now doctor said suturing is required. So please tell me what is the outcome of corneal sutures, and is this a right treatment?   Read Full »

Dr. Ramgopal P

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about the incident that happened with your nephew. The right treatment for this condition is to repair with suturing. However, it is to be seen what the size of the injury is, and if any other structures inside the eye have been damaged. If it is a...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to wear glass for eye power in an 8-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 8.11 years old. He had an eye injury one week before, which caused left eye corneal epithelial defect (3 mm, no infiltrate). He was adviced for constant use of single vision white glass. His reports are, Right eye (SPH=+0.00), (CYL=+0.75), (AXIS=95), (VISION=6/6). Left eye (S...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns and have gone through your son's eye records. I can confirm that the power given cannot be reversed by eating carrots and vitamins. This type of power is called a cylindrical power, and if he does not wear the glasses, he can develop weakne...  Read Full »

How to treat bruising under the eye caused by trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit on my cheek by a rock while doing some work. The area under my eye swole up and caused me to have a black eye. Now a whole one year two months later, I still feel the bruising of under eye similar to the look of a black eye. Is there a certain term for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The certain term for this is the black eye that you have told yourself. This is a particular term (black eye) used for trauma to eye area resulting in blood collection around it. Another term used for it is raccoon eyes or panda eyes as it forms a complete ring aroun...  Read Full »

I am seeing some lines and web like things after an accident. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently met an accident and I was wearing a helmet and it was ripped off in two meters and then for around five meters, I was without a helmet. Then after that moment I fell down and saw some lines and web like things. I consulted three doctors and every one is saying that there is no...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is called eye floaters, this might be a benign condition but in your case, as it popped up just suddenly after eye trauma, I would be going to an eye specialist, as this might be a sign of vitreous or retinal detachment or inflammation in the posterior pa...  Read Full »

My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes. In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options available for dilated pupil?

Query: Hi Doctor, I had a serious eye injury before 10 years due to cricket ball hit. At that time, my pupil got enlarged and dilated. Can it get treated now?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After blunt trauma, pupil constrictor muscles may be damaged and that causes permanently dilated pupil called traumatic mydriasis. This just causes mild blurring or photophobia in bright light due to large aperture. But, in case of trauma, there are more important thin...  Read Full »