Eye Injury

Can trauma change the color of the iris?

Query: Hi doctor, I have read articles regarding blunt trauma to the eyeball, it state that trauma changes the color of the iris. My query is, why does the color change happen? Does the whole of the iris change color from blue to brown? Is there anything to do with pigmentation? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, trauma can change the color of the iris. This is because of iris atrophy. The iris involved in trauma turns white or grey due to a lack of blood supply to the affected area. This change does not include the whole iris. I hope this clears your doubt. Regards.  Read Full »

What should I do if my eyes are inflamed after a trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye inflammation due to an unintended punch that I received. My eye looks red and swollen. Please let me know some medications for the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you feel any problems in vision and restricted mobility on one side, you should rush to the emergency room immediately. Get an x-ray of the orbit done on the affected side. Get your intraocular pressure and retina checked by an ophthalmologist. For swelling, you ca...  Read Full »

Why did I have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Five years back, my eyes got injured by a plastic ball while playing. It was a hard hit. But I got recovered within 2 to 3 days. My eyes became red and I started to have a reddish vision. It took around seven days to get completely healed and after that, I did not have any issues. I did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no problem right now, then there is nothing to be worried. Most probably, you had blood accumulation under the white of eyes or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might had bleeding inside of your eyes called hyphema. It got resolved on its own. But if you ...  Read Full »

How many days will it take to open my eye after eye surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with an accident and glass went inside my eyes. I got stitches inside the eye and on my eyelashes. I am not still able to open my eye after five days. My vision is clear. X-ray and CT scan reports are also normal. After how many days will I be able to open my eye?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have undergone suturing inside your eye, which means that you had a corneal or conjunctival injury. Your treating ophthalmologist will remove the sutures when adequate healing has taken place. As long as the sutures are there you will ha...  Read Full »

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

How to treat redness and irritation in scratched eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lightly poked/scratched my right eye, and the symptoms I have are redness, sensitivity to light, and light to moderate pain (not severe). My right eye just feels irritated. Please help. I am currently on Hypromellose eye lubricant and rinse with clean water twice.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When it has happened? Kindly attach your eye photo here so that I can see your eye condition and depending on that I will prescribe you eye drops. After that, you will be completely alright.  Read Full »

Are there any medication to fade out the discoloration caused due to bruise in eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem with my eyes. I had a black eye a month ago and it swelled and bruised. The bruise went from purple to dark purple to yellowish-green and then brown. Now it stuck with brown and I am getting worried that it won't fade away. What do I have to do? Or what medicine ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is due to any blunt trauma to the eye. As you have described it is changing color so that color change will be due to pigments change in the blood. Is there any trauma history? Kindly send a picture of your eye so that I can diagnose it properly. Without a...  Read Full »

My father has got a brown spot in his eye after he was striked with a metal brooch. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father got struck with a metal brooch in his left eye corner and the eye became red. There is a kind of brown spot at the corner. At the very end of his eye, a bubble is formed. Now, what should I do? I am worried, and it is hurting him a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the injury to the eye by the metal brooch has caused a collection of blood there. It is known as a hematoma. This is the reason for the brown spot and bubble formation. You should consult an ophthalmologist for an eye checkup to confirm that there are not an...  Read Full »

Will accidental contact of pest spray in eyes affect my vision even after rinsing immediately?

Query: Hello doctor, I accidentally got Amdro indoor pest killer in my eyes. I immediately rinsed it out and continued to do so for 15 minutes under the tap water. Will the spray affect my vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that a pest killer went into your eye, and you have immediately washed the eye for 15 minutes. It is a good thing you have done by washing the eye. This is the first line of treatment, and you have done it. The next mode of treatment depend...  Read Full »

Can a staple that entered my eye 10 years back result in permanent blindness?

Query: Hello doctor,I am currently 18 years old. I remember when I was 8 years old, a staple entered my right eye. I think it went under my eyelid and I did not tell my parents about it. I did not feel any irritations or as if something is in my eye. What should I do? Will I go permanently blind? Please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If a foreign body was lodged in your eye, it would definitely have caused an irritation. A staple is quite a big foreign body. In my opinion, it was dislodged then and there. If you are still in doubt, you can go for a CT scan of your orbit (the area around your eye)...  Read Full »