Q. Is it normal to have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Dr. Arnab Pal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2021

Five years back, my eyes got injured by a plastic ball while playing. It was a hard hit. But I got recovered within 2 to 3 days. My eyes became red and I started to have a reddish vision. It took around seven days to get completely healed and after that, I did not have any issues. I did not consult a doctor and now I am fine. Is this reddish vision appear normal after an injury? Kindly advise. I am willing to see a doctor and I want to know whether this injury cause any ill effects later in my life. Kindly clear my doubts.

#

As there is no problem right now, then there is nothing to be worried. Most probably, you had blood accumulation under the white of eyes or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might had bleeding inside of your eyes called hyphema. It got resolved on its own. But if you have this, I suggest you measure your eye pressure and do a gonioscopy to rule out angle recession There is a chance of having secondary glaucoma or eye pressure after having trauma in the eyes and it requires regular eye check-up.

|