Q. Is it normal to have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Dr. Arnab Pal

4-5 years ago, while playing, my eye get injured by a plastic ball. It was a hard hit, but my eye get recoverd in 2-3 days. My eye get red and started having a reddish vission. Like orange colour seems to be reddish orange for my that eye only. All this took 5-7 days to heal up and after me eye get healed up ,,I didn't see to a doctor.. Now I m fine ...No problem at all..

That reddish vision from which I have suffered from is ...normal after eye injury OR this a matter of worry. Pls give your advice on this. I will see a doctor ..But...I am little worried now..Thinking that this injury would affect me later in my life** - Pls clear my views and suggest something...!??!

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
# Hello sir.
Since there is no problems right now there is no reason to worry.
Most probably you had blood accumulation under white of eye or subconjunctival hemorrhage.
You might also have had bleeding inside of eye called hyphema which got resolved by own.
If the second one was there,I advise you to get your eye pressure measured and also get gonioscopy test done to rule out angle recession.There is always a chance of secondary glaucoma or eye pressure rise after trauma to eye and it requires regular eye checkup.
Hope it helps.
Thanks

|