Q. My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?

#

• Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes.
  • In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days of discontinuation of therapy. Blurring is a common side effect.
  • Megabrom (Bromfenac) will control inflammation inside your eye and acts like Combiflam (Paracetamol) inside your eyes.
  • Once the acute inflammation subsides, your ophthalmologist will discontinue the medications. Usually, in one to two weeks.
  • Do get your eye pressure measured and retina checked at regular intervals as advised by your doctor as there may be late manifestations of trauma.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|