Retinal Damage

Can blurring in both the eyes along with floaters and light flashes lead to permanent loss of peripheral vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got slap in my face (2 days ago), and I got some vision problems. It has been two days, and the problems have not been reduced or changed yet. There is a completely opaque black big oval which is blocking my left eye vision near the nose. Both the eyes have a little bit of b...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. More than a retinal detachment, it appears as a vitreous hemorrhage or a retinal hemorrhage on that particular front. To confirm a detachment, a B-scan (brightness scan), and were any fundus photos taken? I would advise you to get a second opinion. If such a signific...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for CSR in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 44 years old. I have CSR in my right eye. Please tell some solution other than laser treatment. Also, I see floaters in both eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In simple words, CSCR is disease of the retina in which fluid is collected under the retina (central serous chorioretinopathy). It is common in people with stress and taking steroids. If it is the first time, then treatment is not advised until three months as in...  Read Full »

What does retinal detachment mean?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »

Is glaucoma the only cause of blurred vision with power in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I might have glaucoma. I have vomiting, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision 6/12 in the right eye and 6/6 in the left eye. All details are in the attached report. I can send photos. I am currently taking medicines for depression.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like you have posterior uveitis. There is a reaction in vitreous and also inflammation in the retina. However, vomiting and blackouts can be due to neurological deficits. Please g...  Read Full »

What are lacquer cracks?

Query: Hi doctor, My eye doctor found small lacquer cracks near the center of my right eye. What does it mean? What are the risks? I am very nearsighted. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Lacquer crack means that there is break in Bruch's membrane. It is a significant finding as you are at risk of getting CNVM (choroidal neovascular membranes), which means new blood vessels will start forming. They will be fragile and may damage retina. So, whenever ...  Read Full »

What causes floating images in the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me so...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction? Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes. Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for th...  Read Full »

Why am I seeing flashes of light in side vision?

Query: Hello doctor, Sometimes I see flashes of light as kind of line in the side vision. That too where more light focus is there on the walls, etc. That too if I observe clearly.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such flashes of light can be seen in a number of different conditions. A retinal examination will be able to rule out the more dangerous ocular cause-retinal detachment. Usually, such flashes can be seen in posterior vitreous detachment, which is a benign age-related...  Read Full »

Can poor vision be due to genetic cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in both my eyes, low vision, and the doctor says that it is genetic but I feel the problem for the last two years and I work in computer and also the doctor said that the problem has no medicine or surgery. So, please help what I should do and computer operation is more...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors feel that you could be suffering from a problem of your retina. They are currently unsure about the exact type of disease and have asked you to get a test called the EO...  Read Full »

My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes. In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days ...  Read Full »

Can laser be used to treat eye floaters and retinal tears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I have eye floaters in both my eyes. I am suffering from nearsightedness, and I have retinal tears. I consulted several doctors, but I did not get proper answers. The topic of eye floaters is not studied well in my country. My ophthalmologist says that I should do no...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem but do not be depressed, because everybody has to pass this phase of vitreous floaters. Some have it early due to myopia, and some have it in old age. These are definitely bothering, but it should settle and will take their own time. There is ...  Read Full »