Q. I have a thin whitish film on my left eye. Any opinion?

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Natarajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Eye Irritation or Corneal Ulcer? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was having a very good day working. But as the evening came by, I gradually felt an irritation in my left eye. I thought I am going to have an eyesore. But the next day, I was shocked after seeing a thin whitish film on my left eye. This stuff did not even make a little appearance the previous days. The sensation is very comparable to an eyesore though my eye does not produce any discharge. Any opinion? My sister had been diagnosed with pterygium and undergone surgery. I wonder if it is the same issue.