Corneal Ulcer

I had corneal ulcer after my PRK surgery. I am on antibiotics and steroids. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I have done PRK eye surgery about a month ago in both eyes. A few days later, my left eye had some weird blurred vision which turned out to be corneal ulcer that is in the center and relatively big. I got treated immediately with heavy antibiotics Ceftin or Vigamox. After two to three w...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Indeed a corneal ulcer requires patience, time, and continuous monitoring until it is fully healed or scar forms. Sometimes it might take up to a year and more. It is however mandatory that you add to the list of eye drops that you are using a lubricant (artificial t...  Read Full »

What Could The White Cloudy Area Around The Rim Of My Cornea Be?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed a white cloudy area around the rim of my cornea a couple of days ago with no pain. After a couple of days, I used a rigid gas permeable contact wear. I have now woken up with pain in the same eye and it is now bloodshot around that one side. I decided not to wear the contact...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a corneal ulcer. The probable cause is trauma due to lenses or infected contact lens solution. Please do not use the steroid drop. You can have devastating consequences. The steroid drops will give you very mild relief but it will stop heali...  Read Full »

How to stop the discharge released from my left eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye discharge from my left eye for a week. I thought I have the discharge because of my contact lens (first-time user). I used it for a few days. But I stopped using it now because of the eye discharge. I have eye discharge only from my left eye when I wake up in the morning. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have discharge from the left eye. This is a severe problem, and it occurs due to an infection. You can have one of these two things. They can occur due to viral or bacterial conjunctivitis. It has symptoms of eyelids sticking together when waking up in the morning, ...  Read Full »

Why am I having blurred vision on fourth day of foreign body removal from cornea?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned, new onset of blurring on the day four is not a thing we normally expect. It could be due to a variety of reasons, the most common being increased tearing in your eyes due to inflammation, and the most important being a pro...  Read Full »

Can a corneal ulcer be treated without seeing a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pretty sure I have a corneal ulcer. I have had them in the past although. It has been a little over 10 years since my last, I know the pain associated with getting one and I do have a history. However, I had never actually seen exactly what it looked like as my eye would be too r...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, you seem to be having contact lens induced keratitis (corneal ulcer) or marginal keratitis. A corneal ulcer develops when there is a break in the corneal epithelium. Normally, tears play a major role in maintaining the integrity of the c...  Read Full »

I have a thin whitish film on my left eye. Any opinion?

Query: Hello doctor,I was having a very good day working. But as the evening came by, I gradually felt an irritation in my left eye. I thought I am going to have an eyesore. But the next day, I was shocked after seeing a thin whitish film on my left eye. This stuff did not even make a little appearance the...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photo attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not very clear and has a lot of shadows, but I can tell you that the white thing is an inflammation of your cornea, most probably an ulcer. It needs a visit to your ophthalmologist as soon as possib...  Read Full »

What are the treatments available for my husband's eye problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is a contact lens wearer for more than 15 years. He changed the contact lens brand as per optometrist advise. Within a week, he started rubbing the eyes and got a point of laceration and then infection in the right eye. The infection also has spread to the other eye. Six months...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you described and the prescription attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the corneal ulcer in both eyes after contact lens wear may be due to contact lens infection, infected lens solution or trauma during wearing or removing. But, i...  Read Full »