Q. I have eye irritation and earthworm image in front of eyes. Please help.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Sep 06, 2018

My age is 30 years old. Sometimes, I have an eye irritation. I have an earthworm image in front of eyes. Please help me to clear this issue.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I understand that you have two questions, one concerning occasional irritation and the second is regarding a linear worm like image floating in front of your eye. My advice to you is:

For irritation, use over the counter lubricant eyedrops 4 to 6 times a day. These will help reduce the irritation and are free of side effects. For the image of the worm, please visit an ophthalmologist to get your retina examined. A problem like this is usually associated with problems in the vitreous and retina. This process usually needs dilating drops to be instilled into your eye after which you will be made to wait for about an hour. This also will make your vision blurred for around 3 to 4 hours so it will be good if can have someone accompany you.

Please see an ophthalmologist urgently in case you develop redness or pain or blurred vision or discharge from your eyes and if you are seeing multiple worm or raindrop like images with a sensation of seeing flashes of light in front of your eye.

Can excessive computer exposure cause dry eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very good to know that you have improved drastically.  Yes, continuous computer use can cause dry eyes, redness and irritation. Yes, higher power on left eye can add to your problems. It can be due to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading. Just use c...  Read Full

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic with the approximate power in left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. Since the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem in his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking has st...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, we have to take care of itching and watering, and for that, you have to start Moxifloxacin eye drop four times a day for five days and Refresh Liquigel eye drop (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium) six to eight times a day. It can be continued for a long time a...  Read Full