Facial Palsy

What could be the reason for my facial palsy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had facial palsy and did an MRI to rule out the cause. The report says, "small focus of linear and patchy enhancement in the medial left basal ganglia." Is this a venous anomaly or capillary telangiectasia?Kindly give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms. So, kindly answer me the following; 1) When you had facial palsy? 2) Which side of the face was affected? 3) Do you have any associated limb weakness? 4) Have you any other associated medical ill...  Read Full »

Kindly review my father's brain images and reports and help me know about his health condition.

Query: Hello doctor, My 72-year-old father had numbness in the left side of his body with palsy in the left corner of his mouth. We went to the emergency, and his BP was 130/78 mmHg. He was admitted for one week and was given antihypertensive and antidiabetic. When he was in the hospital, he developed r...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached images show hemorrhage in the right basal ganglia region (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Hemorrhage in this area is commonly due to high BP (blood pressure). As per your description, he had a BP of 130/78 mmHg at the time of t...  Read Full »

Can Bell's palsy be treated with nerve regeneration?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with Bell's palsy before 10 days. Half of my facial muscles are not working. I had swelling of the salivary gland near the ear before this issue. The MRI brain scan did not show stroke. Currently, I am on Prednisone and Valtrex. Is there any nerve regeneration treatm...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and your question. All your symptoms, including the weakness of the facial muscles and taste issues are because of facial nerve dysfunction. It is a good thing that your MRI is normal. The treatment that you have been prescribed is also proper, ...  Read Full »

I have not been able to move the left side of my face properly since yesterday. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have not been able to move the left side of my face properly since yesterday morning. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he said if it did not improve to come back, but I can not get back into the doctor. I have pain under my jaw and now feeling in my tongue on that side of my face...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I understand your concern. 1. Do you have difficulties also in closing your left eye or raising your left eyebrow 2. Did your taste change? 3. Did your doctor prescribe any medication? 4. What was your doctor's opinion yes...  Read Full »

Why am I having right ear fullness and background noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having right ear fullness and it started several days ago. Last night I awoke due to a pulsating pain in my right ear. I hear some background noise and in silent environment, it is most evident. Is that fine? I had Bell's palsy 2.5 months ago on the left side and again, a month ago o...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having sensorineural hearing loss. It is in early stage and mild. So, you are having pulsation in the ear. Another important thing is bilateral Bell's palsy. It is not common. Having facial palsy is not good and the developing sensorineural component...  Read Full »

Are my joint pain, depression, and Lyme disease related?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I visited my primary doctor's office, but he was on vacation. I was seen by a nurse practitioner. My main complaint is leg swelling, joint pain, and stomach aches. She asked me to do a series of lab tests and to return a week and a half later. When I went back, she told me that...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assure you not to worry at all as things may get settled with proper care and follow-up.  Read Full »

Post herpes attack, I am suffering from Bells's palsy. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Post a severe attack of herpes on the left shoulder, left ear (in and out), chest, and back I am now suffering from Bell's palsy on the left side. Symptoms are as follows: Cannot raise left eyebrow. Cannot tighten left nostril. Cannot move lips (left side). Left eye constantly w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest we do not start on steroids now as there is an active herpes infection which can flare up with steroids. Once it is six to eight weeks of Acyclovir therapy, we can start Dexamethasone 4 mg eighth hourly. However, you will have to consult your physician, di...  Read Full »

I have numbness and weakness of face after eardrum rupture. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, 10 days ago, my left eardrum ruptured by my mistake. The doctor said that it will heal on its own in two weeks time. He did not prescribe any medicine. Now, from two days, there is numbness and weakness on the left side of my face. There is mild pain around the ear, jawline, backside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have said about numbness/weakness on the left side of your face. Is your mouth deviating towards the right side or your left eye not closing properly? If that is so, it may be a weakness of one of your nerves that supply the muscles of the face (the facial nerve)...  Read Full »