I have not been able to move the left side of my face properly since yesterday morning. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he said if it did not improve to come back, but I can not get back into the doctor. I have pain under my jaw and now feeling in my tongue on that side of my face either.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have read your question carefully, and I understand your concern.
1. Do you have difficulties also in closing your left eye or raising your left eyebrow
2. Did your taste change?
3. Did your doctor prescribe any medication?
4. What was your doctor's opinion yesterday, since he surely did a physical exam? Did he also check your ears?
5. Do you have other symptoms or is just the face involved?
In general, if the answer for the first two questions is yes (not smiling properly, difficulty closing the left eye and raising the left eyebrow, if you chew food on the left side, you notice the taste is changed) and the symptoms are confined just to your left side of the face, I suspect a peripheral facial nerve palsy. The management plan that you should discuss face to face with your doctor,
1. Corticosteroid treatment within 72 hours of symptoms onset. After 72 hours, I do not recommend (like Prednisolon 50 mg per day for five days, then reducing the dose gradually over five days in total 10 days of corticosteroid therapy).
2. Artificial tears during the day and eye protection during the night.
3. Nerve conduction studies after 10-14 days.
4. Physical therapy (your doctor might give you a leaflet with appropriate exercises, or you could search on youtube for Bell's palsy exercises.
I hope my answer was helpful. Feel free to contact me again if you have further questions or concerns.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Having facial palsy is not good and the developing sensorineural component suggests that you may have problem in the brain ... I hope your GP or ENT specialist must have got blood tests along with MRI to look for the cause of... Read fullAm I getting vibration sensation in feet because of low vitamin B12?
Anyway, a pinched nerve cannot be excluded ... For this reason, I recommend performing nerve conduction studies in order to investigate for possible neuropathy or a pinched ... Read fullKindly guide me about the advantages and disadvantages of eardrum surgery.
Usually surgical results are good and the patient gets cured but unfortunately, sometimes complications develop like the failure of surgery by a rejection of the graft, hearing loss, recurrence of discharge, facial palsy ... ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Neurologist Now