Fainting

Suddenly, I got fainted and waked up with eye bruising. Can I have syncope at 28 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my friends told me that I was not able to breathe. Once I woke up, I saw the area around my eye is bruised. It happened again last night and I was able to inhale and not able to exhale.   Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention the position while fainting whether you were standing or sitting or doing exertion, any other symptoms such as dizziness, sweating, duration of fainting, any urinary incontinence, or tongue bite. Please mention about the health condition present after get...  Read Full »

Should I consult a doctor for sudden fainting and tingling tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 38 year old female, had sudden fainting and tingling tongue. She wants to know what is wrong with her. Does it necessary to visit the hospital?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Gorthy

Family Physician, Microbiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden fainting attacks could be because of various reasons. The most common are as follows. Overactive nerves, may be caused by acts of sneezing, coughing, laughing excessively, sudden pain or fear. Closed and crowded spaces where there is too little oxygen. Dehydrat...  Read Full »

What could cause fainting and breathing problem in an 11-year-old boy after jogging?

Query: Hi doctor, My son and I went for a jog. We used to run in our regular route but had not done it for about a week and a half. We would usually run to point A, stop for a few seconds, catch our breath, do a brisk walk, and run back home. However, when we reached point A, we stopped to catch our breath...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it does not seem like the child has any convulsion or seizure disorder. This kind of fainting happening in an 11-year-old, who is otherwise asymptomatic, never had such problems before, there are two things that we need to address immediately. 1...  Read Full »

Is medical attention needed for fainting from heat exhaustion and dehydration?

Query: Sudden dizziness and fainting. I’ve never fainted before. I fainted Today from heat exhaustion and dehydration, do I need Medical attention?  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Sudden dizziness is due to inadequate blood supply to brain temporarily.Temporary dizziness may be caused by dehydration due to heat,excessive sweating,diarrhea.Even sudden fear ,anxiety can cause dizziness.  Read Full »

Why did my 14-year-old daughter faint in the morning?

Query: My 14years old daughter fainted three days back in the morning when she woke up to study for her test. Her pulse was normal during the episode.. She is okay now but i want to know what could have caused it and prevention of further occurence.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardika Kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, I hope she is doing fine now. There are numerous causes for fainting (syncope). 1. Dehydration- improper intake of water may lead to dehydration Anemia/ menstrual cycle may also lead to syncope in female adolescents 2.vasovagal- emotional upset, anxiety , sudden standing from sitting pos...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Should I take a person who fainted and bumped her head to emergency room?

Query: Hello doctor, I need advice about a person who just fainted and bumped her head hard on concrete. Should she go to the emergency room?  Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know her age, other medical conditions, and present medicines. Fainting needs to be evaluated as it can recur and cause serious problems. If she is still feeling unwell, or having giddiness (a tendency to fall), or lost consciousness, you should get h...  Read Full »

Why do I feel dizzy and light-headed when I stand up?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 54 year old male. I do not smoke or drink. I do regular exercises. For the last seven years, I was suffering from sudden sleep disturbance with following symptoms: Breathlessness. Palpitation. Chest congestion. I underwent the following tests: ECG, chest X-ray, echo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details and I have the following inputs: First of all, you have gone through a lot of tests which were not needed in your case, but since everything is normal, that is reassuring. Your symptoms can be related to a few problems as I understan...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get panic attack and fainting due to guilt and stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a thermal shock and I felt like I am dying. They took me to the hospital and she was there and saw me and the whole situation. I was not able to move my body. She was shocked, she was not able to say a single word just watching them taking care of me. She spent all the night cry...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition of your electric shock is stress for her and guilt is also present that she did not do anything to save you. These are creating severe stress to her. Maybe she is having flashback episodes of those events in the night time. Internally she has accepted t...  Read Full »

I hit my head while fainting and turned pale and rigid. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I felt dizzy yesterday so I sat down. After that, I fainted. I do not know what happened. I thought that I am sleeping and someone is trying to wake me up. I know from my friends that while fainting I hit my head. My body was rigid with tilted head back, my eyes rolled back, I was pale ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures. For this reason, it is important consulting with a neurologist and performing an EEG (electroencephalography) and a brain MRI study. Some blood laboratory tests...  Read Full »