Fainting

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Should I take a person who fainted and bumped her head to emergency room?

Query: Hello doctor, I need advice about a person who just fainted and bumped her head hard on concrete. Should she go to the emergency room?  Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know her age, other medical conditions, and present medicines. Fainting needs to be evaluated as it can recur and cause serious problems. If she is still feeling unwell, or having giddiness (a tendency to fall), or lost consciousness, you should get h...  Read Full »

Why do I feel dizzy and light-headed when I stand up?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 54 year old male. I do not smoke or drink. I do regular exercises. For the last seven years, I was suffering from sudden sleep disturbance with following symptoms: Breathlessness. Palpitation. Chest congestion. I underwent the following tests: ECG, chest X-ray, echo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details and I have the following inputs: First of all, you have gone through a lot of tests which were not needed in your case, but since everything is normal, that is reassuring. Your symptoms can be related to a few problems as I understan...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get panic attack and fainting due to guilt and stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a thermal shock and I felt like I am dying. They took me to the hospital and she was there and saw me and the whole situation. I was not able to move my body. She was shocked, she was not able to say a single word just watching them taking care of me. She spent all the night cry...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition of your electric shock is stress for her and guilt is also present that she did not do anything to save you. These are creating severe stress to her. Maybe she is having flashback episodes of those events in the night time. Internally she has accepted t...  Read Full »

I hit my head while fainting and turned pale and rigid. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I felt dizzy yesterday so I sat down. After that, I fainted. I do not know what happened. I thought that I am sleeping and someone is trying to wake me up. I know from my friends that while fainting I hit my head. My body was rigid with tilted head back, my eyes rolled back, I was pale ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures. For this reason, it is important consulting with a neurologist and performing an EEG (electroencephalography) and a brain MRI study. Some blood laboratory tests...  Read Full »

Is Electrophysiological study necessary for heartbeat irregularities?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, and I have a heart condition from when I was three years old. My heartbeats¬†get very fast all of a sudden. What is the name of my heart problem? The ECG report was not normal. I am taking ayurvedic medicines for this problem. A doctor told me to get a surgery ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your heart condition is a cardiac arrhythmia, which is called PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia), in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. The blood pressure falls during these episodes, and one has dizziness, fainting, bla...  Read Full »

My son has periods of dizziness and fainting since one month. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old son has periods of dizziness (around one minute or less) and fainting since one month. He also has wheezing and coughing since seven months.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to let you know that the dizziness your son is undergoing could be due to a number of reasons. I would like to brief on the concern. Anemia, resulting from decreased hemoglobin. Seizure, assuming your son has no previous history of seizure...  Read Full »

What is the cause of blacking out and feeling light-headed?

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old girl and recently I have had trouble with conscious blacking out. The first time it happened was this month and I have not had any trouble until a few days ago where it happened three to four times in one day. I will be standing or just walking around and start to ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is fainting. I need to know some more information regarding the symptom like: has it followed some kind of stress, dehydration, prolonged standing especially in hot weather, panic, fear or pain? Because it is common for fainting to follow all these events, and ...  Read Full »

I almost fainted and could not feel my legs. Is it because of high blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and my blood pressure is 148/101 mmHg. I am not on any medication, and I want to change my doctor because my doctor is too far for me to travel. I cannot get an appointment for two weeks. Do I need to go to the hospital to get medication? I am really worried...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood pressure is borderline, and it is not very high. It is not an emergency to start medicine. Instead, you need to monitor it frequently. You being a young hypertensive, you will need an evaluation for the cause of high blood pressure. I suggest you get the fol...  Read Full »

I am 25 weeks pregnant, and I have severe chest pains. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old female, who weighs approximately 150 lbs, and I am 25 weeks pregnant with my third child. I went to the ER two days ago due to severe chest pains. They did an EKG, which they said came back slightly abnormal, but they did not explain. They hooked me up to all kinds o...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. During the course of pregnancy, it is normal to have various changes in different systems of the body, especially the cardiovascular system. You are having tachycardia, which is very common alongside hypertension during pregnanc...  Read Full »