Famotidine

I am suffering from COVID-19 infection. How to manage it?

Query: Tested positive for covid 19 over a week ago. I had fever, shortness of breath, chest pain and diarrhea. Currently I have an excruciating headache and chest pain. Have taken Tylenol and advil. Nothing seems to be working.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: I’m deeply saddened by your illness. Have you already had a chest CT? Pls. have an eye on your breathing frequency. If you have more than 20 breaths per minute, you should seek hospitalization. As to the headache. Unfortunately Covid can also enter the brain and cause inflammation there. That...  Read Full »

Is it possible that I still have COVID infection after my symptoms vanish?

Query: Hello, I am a 32 year old male with hypertension and I was exposed to Covid-19 and developed symptoms the following. I had a fever, body aches, headache, and just an overall fuzziness. I have since tested positive but I have been without symptoms for the past 72 hours. Is it possible that I am done ...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. Sorry to hear about your predicament. You need not be anxious but take take adequate precautions. The disease could be completely asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic during entire duration in most individuals. Time after 7 days need to be careful, to look out for cytokine stor...  Read Full »

How long should I continue the medications for GERD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with a heavy case of GERD due to stress. I tried medications OTC, however, as I tried to ween off the medication, my body created a resistance towards them and started causing me heartburn. I stopped taking them and have not been taking anything for four weeks, how...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, the GERD with the possibility of some ulcer at the gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) the junction where esophagus combines to stomach. But again, it is not necessary, because the acid itself can bring pain in the lower esophagus or can cause ulcers with th...  Read Full »

Am I under correct medication for my symptoms? Is it GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 72 kg and height is 168 cm. I am a vegetarian. I do not drink alcohol and I do not smoke too. I have recently stopped taking tea and coffee. I do exercise regularly. I am suffering from the following symptoms for the last five years but not on a dai...  Read Full »

Dr. Kannane Tirou

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. From going through the information you have provided, it is clear that currently you are on treatment for suspected GERD - gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux disease). You have been having intermittent problems over five years. Acid reflux can cause breathles...  Read Full »