Q. Is the patient free from Fanconi anemia if reports are negative for chromosomal breakage syndrome?

The findings during chromosome breakage study for Fanconi anemia are not in favor of chromosomal breakage syndrome. Is the patient totally free from the Fanconi anemia?

Hematology Pathology
#

In Fanconi anemia, there is a presence of birth defects along with severed degree anemia. If such a finding is present, then further work out has to be done for that. I have checked your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not showing any chromosomal abnormality. So, no chromosomal abnormality present as per reports.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|