Q. Is the patient free from Fanconi anemia if reports are negative for chromosomal breakage syndrome?

The findings during chromosome breakage study for Fanconi anemia are not in favor of chromosomal breakage syndrome. Is the patient totally free from the Fanconi anemia?

Hematology Pathology
#

In Fanconi anemia, there is a presence of birth defects along with severed degree anemia. If such a finding is present, then further work out has to be done for that. I have checked your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not showing any chromosomal abnormality. So, no chromosomal abnormality present as per reports.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now