Q. What is the reason for two miscarriages in a single year?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 13, 2019

I am 22-year-old female, weight 55 kg, height is 5.6, all reports are normal but two miscarriages in one year. Why?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

I suggest you rule out diabetes and thyroid issue first by random blood sugar estimation and serum TSH estimation for primary workup. If both these investigation within range than rule out the pelvic inflammatory disease by ultrasonography examination. Your pelvic examination also needs to be done.

If still cause not identified than TORCH investigations ( toxoplasmosis, rubella cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex, and HIV), ANA (antinuclear antibody) estimation and chromosomal analysis have to be done for further workup. You can revert with reports once done. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Diabetes

Article Overview: The number of people being diagnosed with diabetes is drastically increasing. To know how diabetes affects your heart, kidney, and brain, read the article. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha
Diabetologist

What Is Diabetes? Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a condition that affects how your body uses blood glucose or blood sugar. Glucose is an important source of energy for the cells in the body, and it is the main source of fuel of the brain. There are many types of diabetes depending on the cause, bu...  Read Article

I had two miscarriages in my past. What is the reason for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of miscarriage at 18 weeks, and hysteroscopy and laparoscopy confirmed cervical incompetence and my polypoidal endometrium was removed. Recently I conceived again with follicle test procedure during which CG 10000 was injected into my blood, but unfortunately, I had to...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is evident by the history that you have cervical incompetence, and that is what the possible cause of your mid-second-trimester spontaneous abortion. Nextly your TSH (stimulating thyroid hormone) levels are high, qualifying you to be hypothyroid, which is the prob...  Read Full