Q. I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Answered by Dr. Arul Amuthan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Toxic Chemical Substances or Circumcision Of Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed the tape to pull the skin of the shaft up when the penis became erect. Here, I also attached the tape also to the foreskin that was left after circumcision had been performed on me during infancy. This also allowed the tape to put tugging force directly on the mucous membranes so that force could stimulate a supposed process of mitosis. I thought that direct pulling force on the mucous membranes, or the inner skin of the foreskin, would be ideal in my effort to regenerate the foreskin that I had.

More than a decade later, I realized that this sort of behavior could be dangerous since after all, adhesives comprising these tapes are chemicals and mucous membranes are known to absorb chemicals. I am not aware of what specific kinds of chemicals are at work, except that they are pressure-sensitive adhesives that include acrylics. I am also not aware of the processes involved in a mucous membrane absorbing chemicals, or whether that process also applies to artificial chemicals such as pressure-sensitive adhesives. Will I be okay? Will this increase the chances of me having children with birth defects, or will this make me unable to have a baby and what not? Thank you.