Q. Kindly advise how to manage high fasting blood sugar level?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

My wife (55 years) got sugar results fasting 172, and pp 136. What can be the explanation (higher fasting value)? What treatment course to be followed?

#

I just read your query about your wife and it seems that she has an impaired fasting blood sugar and that she must have her HbA1c checked to be sure whether she has a need to take medications for diabetes or not. In the meantime try to take a low carbohydrate and low-fat diet. Exercise by way of walking for 30 minutes daily. Impaired fasting glucose means that she can develop diabetes in the near future if she is not already diabetic.

|