Q. My HbA1c levels have reduced. Does it mean my diabetes is gone?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 57 year male. Four months ago, the doctor declared that I am diabetic as my HbA1c was 10.7 %. I started with Glimisave M2 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 (one tablet at night), later on, I shifted to Glimisave M1 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 as usual. I take other supplements also like Karela, Cinnamon and Fenugreek tablets, B12, D3, Vitamin C, ALA, CoQ10, etc. I have totally cut down sugar, heavily restricted rice, and wheat. Minimum of once a day, I take meal replacement powder Glucerna SR with milk. I do moderate exercise like brisk walking on a treadmill and have managed to lose 6 kg in the last four months. Today, I checked my HbA1c was 5.6 %. S creatinine was 0.63 mg/dL. My lipid profile was well under control, only HDL is at 43 mg/dL, which I understand should be around 60 mg/dL. Does it mean my diabetes is gone? Can I slowly reduce Glimisave M1? What other ayurvedic supplements should I take? Is my S creatinine very low or alarming?

#

I just read your query.

• From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have controlled your diabetes quite well. I would suggest that you take tablet Glimisave (Glimepiride) M2 once in the morning and tablet Glimisave M1 once at night. Your diabetes is not gone, but it is well controlled.
  • You must take very small amounts of walnuts occasionally for a good HDL (high-density lipoprotein).
  • As I am not a specialist in Ayurveda, I cannot comment on Ayurveda treatment.

Hope you find my advice beneficial. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|