Q. My HbA1c levels have reduced. Does it mean my diabetes is gone?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hba1c or Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 57 year male. Four months ago, the doctor declared that I am diabetic as my HbA1c was 10.7 %. I started with Glimisave M2 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 (one tablet at night), later on, I shifted to Glimisave M1 (two tablets per day) and Atorec 10 as usual. I take other supplements also like Karela, Cinnamon and Fenugreek tablets, B12, D3, Vitamin C, ALA, CoQ10, etc. I have totally cut down sugar, heavily restricted rice, and wheat. Minimum of once a day, I take meal replacement powder Glucerna SR with milk. I do moderate exercise like brisk walking on a treadmill and have managed to lose 6 kg in the last four months. Today, I checked my HbA1c was 5.6 %. S creatinine was 0.63 mg/dL. My lipid profile was well under control, only HDL is at 43 mg/dL, which I understand should be around 60 mg/dL. Does it mean my diabetes is gone? Can I slowly reduce Glimisave M1? What other ayurvedic supplements should I take? Is my S creatinine very low or alarming?