Q. Please provide a structured report of the attached abdominal ultrasound.

Dr. Ismail Kabakus
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2021

Please explain the reports of the attached abdominal ultrasound. I have fatty liver now. Previously, I had non-alcoholic fatty liver and asthma.

#

I am explaining the reports of the upper abdominal ultrasound. Your impression shows moderate grade 2 fatty liver. There is no focal mass or contour nodularity. There is no intrahepatic biliary ductal dilatation. The portal vein seems to be in normal size. There is an absence of stones, wall thickening, or pericholecystic fluid in the gallbladder. The common bile duct seems to be nondilated measuring 4.4 millimeters at the level of porta hepatis. Spleen appears normal measuring 7.4 centimeters. The right kidney measures 10.3 centimeters and the left kidney measures 10.1 centimeters in length. There is no hydronephrosis. The right kidney cyst measures 22 x 16 millimeters. There is an absence of ascites. The aorta appears normal with 20 x 19 millimeters. The visualized portions are patent.

You have increased body mass index with steroids.

You need to do liver function tests such as ALT (alanine transcriptase), AST (aspartate transaminase), and ALP (alkaline phosphatase).

You have moderate grade 2 fatty liver.

Reducing weight helps to decrease liver fat deposition.

Does liver steatosis got worsened? These reports are taken before three years.

#

Your uploaded image shows T1 weighted fat saturated and it means that there is a presence of fat suppression. We look at T1 before having fat suppression and after suppression to decide how much fat is present in the liver. I am not able to decide from these images. It will not provide an accurate comparison between the ultrasound and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). Fatty liver is not a rare condition and try to lose weight to lead a healthy life.

|