Q. How to confirm H. pylori infection?

Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Helicobacter Pylori or Ibs? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to confirm H. pylori infection?

Two months ago, I had diarrhea and vomiting. My gastroenterologist diagnosed it as GERD and found H.pylori unit 112 tested through blood. My LFT, CBC, RBC were fine with occasional white cells in my urine and uric acid was 6. I took Klaricid 500, Ospamox 1 g, Levopraid, Omeprazole and Librax. After taking antibiotics, I got a burning sensation in my stomach and a feel of gas on the side of right kidney. But, my kidney reports are fine. When I showed my reports to another doctor, he said there is nothing to worry about H.pylori. He relates everything to anxiety. Also, another important issue is that I am getting a feeling of twitching and cramps all over my body. When I put my head on the pillow, my muscles start paining. When I wake up, I have heavy body pain and watering eyes. I took a physiotherapy session. She prescribed me Tizanidine and Neurobion. But, they did not work. My physiotherapist asked me to consult a hematologist. But, my CBC and RBC reports are normal. What to do now? Please suggest.