Q. I am 29 weeks pregnant and took an ultrasound scan. Is my ultrasound report normal?

Dr. Garima Sawhney

I am 29 years old. My ultrasound scan shows that I am 29 weeks pregnant with single transverse placental localizations is posterior, lower segment and complete, Previa liquor is moderate, fetal heart beat and movement is present. Approximate fetal weight is 1300 gm, BPD is 7.48 cm, F.L. is 5.5 cm, abdominal circumference is 24.4 cm, and intra uterine pregnancy. Is this normal?

#

This pregnancy is absolutely going fine till date. But let me tell you one thing that it is a high-risk pregnancy because of the placental localization, which is called Placenta Previa. So you have to be very much cautious during this pregnancy. Do not do heavy strenuous work, do not let anyone do an internal examination for you and no intercourse even. Any time you may have bleeding and report to your doctor immediately. Keep a strict watch on your baby's movements. And the mode of delivery would be a cesarean section as normal delivery is not possible in such cases.

|