Q. I am 29 weeks pregnant and took an ultrasound scan. Is my ultrasound report normal?

Dr. Garima Sawhney

I am 29 years old. My ultrasound scan shows that I am 29 weeks pregnant with single transverse placental localizations is posterior, lower segment and complete, Previa liquor is moderate, fetal heart beat and movement is present. Approximate fetal weight is 1300 gm, BPD is 7.48 cm, F.L. is 5.5 cm, abdominal circumference is 24.4 cm, and intra uterine pregnancy. Is this normal?

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This pregnancy is absolutely going fine till date. But let me tell you one thing that it is a high-risk pregnancy because of the placental localization, which is called Placenta Previa. So you have to be very much cautious during this pregnancy. Do not do heavy strenuous work, do not let anyone do an internal examination for you and no intercourse even. Any time you may have bleeding and report to your doctor immediately. Keep a strict watch on your baby's movements. And the mode of delivery would be a cesarean section as normal delivery is not possible in such cases.

| 

Bleeding with clots and tissues,due to low-lying placenta. Is this placenta previa?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and first time pregnant. She got pregnant naturally. She is running into 18 weeks and five days as of today. No history of any fertility treatment ever. Last week, she had bleeding with clots and tissues (one pad soaked each time) twice in four days interval. W...  Read Full »

I am 37 weeks pregnant and my scan says head is not fixed. Is there any chances of normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 weeks pregnant now. Today doctor told me to get admitted everything is fine as per scanning only head is not fixed. Are there any chances of normal delivery?  Read Full »

I am having leg swelling and vaginal spotting after C-section. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-years-old female. My second baby was delivered by LS/CS method before a week after completing 36.5 weeks. Doctor also removed my uterus as I had been suffering from a complication of central placenta previa with increta/parcreta. And I had even bled a few little clots during...  Read Full »