Q. My wife is 6 months pregnant with placenta previa and not feeling fetal movement. Why?

My wife is six months pregnant. Till, now she is not feeling any fetal movements. Her recent ultrasound shows placenta previa. She is having pain in her stomach, along with edema on both the feet. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

With the symptoms you have mentioned, I feel you should immediately go to the obstetrician and get an urgent ultrasound done first to learn about the fetal well being. It is not a good sign that she has not felt the baby movements as of now. Secondly, with placenta previa and pain in her stomach, the first thing to rule out is abruptio placentae, which could be life-threatening for the child. Thirdly, pedal edema suggests that she has gestational hypertension as well, which makes her more susceptible to abruptio further.

Do not waste time and report to the emergency now.

| 

I had heavy bleeding due to placenta previa. How can I ensure nutrients to the baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with placenta previa at 14 weeks. I have had one episode of heavy bleeding. Are there any foods (going above and beyond healthy pregnancy foods) that I should eat to ensure my baby gets the nutrients he needs to make up for the blood loss?  Read Full »

There is mild cerebral edema, with facial fractures and post-nasal drip after accident. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, A 23-year-old male patient hit with bike accident, fell on back side of head, CT scan reports reveals mild cerebral edema, with some facial fractures, currently patient is having blood clots discharge as post-nasal drip, and not associated with headache, dizziness, seizures, fainting,...  Read Full »

Bleeding with clots and tissues,due to low-lying placenta. Is this placenta previa?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and first time pregnant. She got pregnant naturally. She is running into 18 weeks and five days as of today. No history of any fertility treatment ever. Last week, she had bleeding with clots and tissues (one pad soaked each time) twice in four days interval. W...  Read Full »