Q. My wife is 6 months pregnant with placenta previa and not feeling fetal movement. Why?

My wife is six months pregnant. Till, now she is not feeling any fetal movements. Her recent ultrasound shows placenta previa. She is having pain in her stomach, along with edema on both the feet. Please help.

#

With the symptoms you have mentioned, I feel you should immediately go to the obstetrician and get an urgent ultrasound done first to learn about the fetal well being. It is not a good sign that she has not felt the baby movements as of now. Secondly, with placenta previa and pain in her stomach, the first thing to rule out is abruptio placentae, which could be life-threatening for the child. Thirdly, pedal edema suggests that she has gestational hypertension as well, which makes her more susceptible to abruptio further.

Do not waste time and report to the emergency now.

|