Fever With Rash

After taking antibiotics for the flu, I got an extreme allergic reaction. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had the flu that is going round. During it, my GP prescribed me Erythromycin because she thought that I had a bacterial infection in my throat. Whether or not she was right, I suffered an extreme allergic reaction to the antibiotic, which I had used before without side effects....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During an episode of the flu, the rash is a very common manifestation. However, at times, it is very tough to differentiate if it is a viral rash or a drug rash because of allergy to the medication. Viral exanthems do follow a pattern in a few cases, and they subside on ...  Read Full »

My son has fever and vomited his malaria medicine. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son (2 years 8 months) was hospitalized due to fever along with a sand paper kind of rashes in the body for four days. He was suspected of dengue and the initial blood test showed IgG positive. Herewith I am attaching the discharge summary and all other reports. After getting discharge...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children vomit after giving malaria medication (Chloroquine). If the child has vomited the medicine immediately after consumption that dose is missed. Hence, it should be repeated. I suggest syrup Emeset (Ondansetron) half an hour before giving the medication....  Read Full »

What causes itchy red rashes with knee pain in arms and legs?

Query: Hi! I'm a 27 year old female. I've had a high fever of 39 degrees celsius, malaise, and red eyes for 4 days. My fever stopped after taking Paracetomol, but I experienced pain after in my right knee and ankle, which disappeared after one day. An itchy red rash appeared on my arms and legs and body 2...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: good day to you ma'am I have gone through your issue any things you might be suffering from an acute febrile illness. this can vary from dengue malaria chikungunya to mild upper respiratory tract infections. I would advise you to get one test known as complete blood count done which will give us a ...  Read Full »

Why did my baby suddenly develop red patches on the skin?

Query: Hi doctor, There are sudden red patches on the skin of my 5 months old baby. He had mild fever the previous day and loose motions before that. There is no other noticeable symptom. Crocin and Atarax drops have been given. Same thing happened two days ago and the almost entire upper body had turned r...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem seems to be like either a viral infection or allergy. If fever has subsided, then mostly it is an allergy. If fever is still persistent, then it is infection related rash. You can continue Crocin (Paracetamol) for fever and Atarax (Hydroxyzine) for rash. Al...  Read Full »

Why am I having fever with rashes spreading in my body?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old 155 lb 5'5" female that has a fever of 101°, chills, chest pain, congestion, coughing, and rashes spreading to every part of my body.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the symptoms you have stated, you probably have a viral infection. Take bed rest, plenty of oral fluids, symptomatic treatment (Paracetamol or antitussives, decongestants, analgesics, moisturizer cream, etc.,) according to your local availability. If not decreasing w...  Read Full »

What causes painless swelling in the feet?

Query: Hi doctor, A couple of months ago, my mother had fever. She had medicines, which was prescribed by her doctor. After three days of fever, she developed rashes and was hospitalized. Then, her rashes started disappearing, but she has some burning sensation on the soles of her feet. Right now, she has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern about your mother's health. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found that her ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are high. As her ESR and CRP are high, it indic...  Read Full »

What can cause body rashes in a baby after fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 years old child got a low grade fever two days ago and I gave him Calpol Paracetamol but 250 mg/5 ml. I gave him 4 ml and he just took the medication twice and then the fever is gone but I notice a patch of rash itchy that started in his knees and now there are patches of rashes i...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardika Kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Has the fever subsided now? Had the rash appeared when the child had a fever? Fever with rash can be a viral exanthem that resolves spontaneously and only symptomatic treatment for fever and itching is required. If the rash appeared two days after the fever had subs...  Read Full »

I have body shivering with rashes on my hands and legs. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have rashes over hands and legs. They are not red rashes, but more like insect bites. I also have swelling especially on the feet. My doctor has prescribed Benadryl anti-allergy tablet. I am also experiencing shivering when body is feeling hot. What am I lookin...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the query quoted it appears to be a case of fever with rash the etiology of which is vast. It can be infective, allergic, immunological, drug induced, etc. You need to be specific with details like onset, duration, progression, nature of the rash, whether ...  Read Full »

Should I investigate for lymphoma in case of fever and itchy rashes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suspicious of lymphoma. In the summer, I had an itchy rash on my neck, it went away, came back, and now went again. I have bilateral hip and bone pain. I have night sweats two to three times weekly. I had a low-grade fever right before my period and will go away. No palpable or n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. In lymphoma, there is a presence of multiple enlarged lymph nodes. If you have lymphoma, then enlarged node could have been detected in CT (computed tomography) scan. If you do not have multiple enlarged nodes then lymphoma is less likely. The fever and itchy rash ...  Read Full »

Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue o...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you give her syrup Crocin (Paracetamol) 7 ml, thrice a day Syrup Cetirizine 2.5 ml at bedtime and Otrivin P (Xylometazoline) nasal drops, 2 drops thrice a day, if she has nasal congestion. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start tak...  Read Full »