Q. My son has run through two cycles of medicines and is still not recovering. Why?

Dr. Settipalli Saravan Pramod

My 10 month old son is not well and the doctor has given him Cacef CV dry syrup and Lizoforce dry suspension. It looks like a bogus to me because he has already run through two cycles of medicines and is not recovering. Always on alternate days, he suffers from a fever.

#

I read your query and went through your son's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• From your baby's reports I can say there is an elevated lymphocyte count, which is not normal in a viral fever, where usually the neutrophil count is high. There are a few conditions or types of fever that cause an elevated lymphocyte count.
  • But, before starting out the treatment plan let me know the following:
  1. Since when does your baby have a fever?
  2. Have you noticed any rashes?
  3. Did your baby have jaundice earlier?
  4. Did any member of your family suffer from tuberculosis?
  5. Does your wife have an infection? (As few infections are likely to spread through the mother's feed).
  • Please specify if any member in the household had a recent infection. My primary concern right now is to diagnose what organisms caused the fever. It will be known by a few blood tests specific to the organisms and blood culture.
  • I suggest you continue the Lizoforce (Linezolid) along with syrup Paracetamol and syrup Amoxicillin 2 ml twice daily.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|