Q. I have fever with rashes spreading in my body. Please help.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

I am an 18-year-old 155 lb 5'5" female that has a fever of 101°, chills, chest pain, congestion, coughing, and rashes spreading to every part of my body.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

By the symptoms you have stated, you probably have a viral infection. Take bed rest, plenty of oral fluids, symptomatic treatment (Paracetamol or antitussives, decongestants, analgesics, moisturizer cream, etc.,) according to your local availability. If not decreasing with these measures or any serious problem arises, you can immediately consult nearby health center for further treatment.

| 

Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue o...  Read Full »

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?

Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now