Q. I have fever with rashes spreading in my body. Please help.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Published on Nov 10, 2018

I am an 18-year-old 155 lb 5'5" female that has a fever of 101°, chills, chest pain, congestion, coughing, and rashes spreading to every part of my body.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

By the symptoms you have stated, you probably have a viral infection. Take bed rest, plenty of oral fluids, symptomatic treatment (Paracetamol or antitussives, decongestants, analgesics, moisturizer cream, etc.,) according to your local availability. If not decreasing with these measures or any serious problem arises, you can immediately consult nearby health center for further treatment.

Is my daughter's fever a symptom of dengue or swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old daughter has a fever for the past three days, and we are giving her Paracetamol. Since yesterday she has running nose and cough. I gave her Crocin twice in the morning three hours back, but her fever is 101.8. Should I give her Meftal P? Is there a possibility of dengue o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you give her syrup Crocin (Paracetamol) 7 ml, thrice a day Syrup Cetirizine 2.5 ml at bedtime and Otrivin P (Xylometazoline) nasal drops, 2 drops thrice a day, if she has nasal congestion. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start tak...  Read Full

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?

Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is safe to travel to Dominican Republic, but you need to care abut many issues. While traveling there are many issues related to health of your baby, example: he can get infection like malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A & E and varicella. So if you use prophylactic mea...  Read Full

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, you have an upper respiratory tract infection. You need to do the following investigations. Physical examination. Auscultation. CBC (complete blood count). Throat swab for culture or ASO (antistreptolysin O) titer. If auscultation is suspicious, ...  Read Full

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now