Q. Can I give Babygesic drops for fever?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My baby, who is 1 year old, is suffering from fever. It is 104 Fahrenheit from last one hour. Please help me.

#

• I suggest you to give him a Panadol drop (Paracetamol) about 8 to 10 drops or 2.5 mL for every eight hours for fever. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.
  • If his fever is not coming down, then please do cold sponging. Also, please try to take him to a physician.
  • We have to investigate why he is having fever? He might need antibiotics?
  • What are his other symptoms, such as cough, congestion, rash or diarrhea? Tell me more about him for better diagnosis.

Revert back with answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

This is the first time he is getting a fever. I have given Babygesic drop. Is it fine? Please advise me.

#

• Yes, it is absolutely correct. Please make sure that he drinks and eats fine and is not cranky.
  • If he does not act right, for example, if he is lethargic, not eating well or refusing to play and is not interacting well with you, then he should be seen as soon as possible by a doctor.

For further information consult to an internal medicine online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|