Q. How to treat my throat pain and high fever

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.

#

This seems to be a streptococcal throat infection with a possible tonsillitis if you have difficulty in swallowing as well. High grade fever confirms a bacterial infection and hence, you have to be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics.

I do suggest the following medicines. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

1. Tablet Azithromycin 250 mg twice a day for the next five days.
  2. Tablet Crocin (Paracetamol) 650 mg twice daily for three days.
  3. Tablet Vitamin C one tablet thrice a day till healing of throat pain.
  4. Saline warm water gargles thrice a day to reduce throat swelling. Take warm drinks and keep yourself hydrated.

You should be relieved after three doses ideally. Please take rest and start cold water tepid sponging for 15 minutes for around four to five times a day to reduce the fever. Please take bed rest for the next 24 hours.

Streptococcus infection.

1. Acute tonsillitis.
2. Pharyngitis.

Acute pharyngitis.

Saline warm water gargles thrice a day.

Revert back after five days to a family physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|