Q. I am concerned about my occasional mild fever, headache and body pain. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2020

I am 19 years old. I worked for a BPO company and I stay awake especially at night. From 11 PM to 8 AM in the morning. I work straight for 9 hours. I do have these symptoms that really make me anxious especially on this trying times and with the global pandemic issue.

I am experiencing a mild cough with a low fever. I do also experience body ache and mild to severe headache even after I take some medicine and enough rest. I sweat from time to time but the fever is still there or maybe not. The backache is somehow severe and it sometimes reaches my abdomen. I have poor eyesight and I think that this can be the reason for my headache.

I have also been out last week and this week and exposed outside because I have to run for some personal errands. This makes me really anxious and worried. What actions can you recommend? Should I need to consult a medical doctor immediately?

#

Welcome to cliniq.com.

Unless your body temperature is 100 F or more, coupled with the above symptoms, you need not worry at all. Please check your temperature with a thermometer to be sure.

The reason for the headache and backache is probably working and posture related. Please get visual acuity tests done for the eyes. As regards to the backache, make sure you get up from your chair at work every one to two hours at least and moves about to change posture. You can apply ice pack right now to relieve the pain and also take Dolo 650 mg one tablet twice a day for five days along with tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet twice a day for five days (half an hour before food). You can also apply Oxalgin gel to the back for the backache.

You may need to visit the doctor if the temperature is 100 F or more or if the coughing is so severe that it leads to breathlessness. As regards to the cough, you can consume one tablespoon honey twice a day for five days to provide soothing relief.

|