Q. I am concerned about my occasional mild fever, headache and body pain. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I am 19 years old. I worked for a BPO company and I stay awake especially at night. From 11 PM to 8 AM in the morning. I work straight for 9 hours. I do have these symptoms that really make me anxious especially on this trying times and with the global pandemic issue.

I am experiencing a mild cough with a low fever. I do also experience body ache and mild to severe headache even after I take some medicine and enough rest. I sweat from time to time but the fever is still there or maybe not. The backache is somehow severe and it sometimes reaches my abdomen. I have poor eyesight and I think that this can be the reason for my headache.

I have also been out last week and this week and exposed outside because I have to run for some personal errands. This makes me really anxious and worried. What actions can you recommend? Should I need to consult a medical doctor immediately?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Welcome to cliniq.com.

Unless your body temperature is 100 F or more, coupled with the above symptoms, you need not worry at all. Please check your temperature with a thermometer to be sure.

The reason for the headache and backache is probably working and posture related. Please get visual acuity tests done for the eyes. As regards to the backache, make sure you get up from your chair at work every one to two hours at least and moves about to change posture. You can apply ice pack right now to relieve the pain and also take Dolo 650 mg one tablet twice a day for five days along with tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet twice a day for five days (half an hour before food). You can also apply Oxalgin gel to the back for the backache.

You may need to visit the doctor if the temperature is 100 F or more or if the coughing is so severe that it leads to breathlessness. As regards to the cough, you can consume one tablespoon honey twice a day for five days to provide soothing relief.

| 

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

My ECG shows irregular beats. Can this be due to stress and lack of sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken my ECG using a device. I have been getting these irregular beats for about a week. Sometimes I think I have been getting some slight chest pain also but not sure if that is a placebo-like effect or not. My uncle who is a doctor thinks they are ectopic beats in relation to...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Ask an Infectious Diseases Specialist Now