Body Pain

Body pain can occur as a symptom in various conditions. It often occurs due to tiredness and exercise. It can also occur due to fibromyalgia, arthritis, infections, medications, fluid retention in the body, hypokalemia, stress, dehydration, and lack of sleep. It is managed by taking adequate rest, drinking plenty of water, taking a warm bath, and taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What are the causes of body pain and dry skin, other than thyroid?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had headache and head numbness for few days. I consulted a doctor and got a thyroid test done. That time my TSH was 3.7 and he prescribed me Thyronorm 25 mcg. He told me to discontinue it when my TSH level comes back to 1.5. Now, for around 11 months I am having body p...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara. P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your symptoms fit into thyroid disease but your thyroid report is absolutely fine. A normal thyroid report rules out thyroid disease, unless you are presently on Thyronorm. So, we need to find other cause for your symptoms. Body pain and numbness could be due to nerve p...  Read Full »

I have menstrual irregularities and suffer from body pain, heaviness in my legs, and dizziness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old married female who suffers from menstrual irregularity. My previous period date was extended 5 days, and last month my period was extended by 9 days. Usually, my period cycle is of 5 days. But currently, I am suffering from a lot of pain in my body. I have heaviness ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. To regulate your menstrual cycle, and to have normal ovulation for conception, you need to lose weight. Medicines alone will not work permanently. 1. Do yoga and pranayam regularly. 2. Go for regular walks. 3. Take fla...  Read Full »

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to To understand the condition better I need to know the following things. 1. Where is the pain? Does she have generalized body pain or any joint pain ? Please specify. 2. What is the location of a headache, either forehead or back of the head? How does it improve and wh...  Read Full »

I suffer from a cold, cough, and body pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from a cold, a bad cough, and my body is paining. Kindly suggest some medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You could probably have viral influenza infection or upper respiratory tract infection. For that, symptomatic management is done. You can be prescribed decongestants like Phenylephrine or Levocetirizine for five days. It is also advisable to take vitamin C 500 mg...  Read Full »

I have chronic pain and tiredness for the past three years and, my ESR values are high. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing chronic pain, fatigue, weakness, dizziness, and discomfort for the past three years. I have a high ESR rate. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query and I am sorry for such discomfort. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a non-specific test that does not precisely help to locate the cause or problem in the body rather it gives clue that some kind of inflammation or infection is present in ...  Read Full »

I have a fever, headache, body ache, and difficulty swallowing. Kindly suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling slightly uncomfortable while swallowing. Also, I have body pain in my arms and legs. I had a very low fever yesterday. I have not taken any medicine so far. I also have a very light headache.  Read Full »

Dr. Darshan Kanani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If you are experiencing discomfort while swallowing, body pains, low-grade fever, and headache, it is possible that you may have a viral or bacterial infection. These symptoms can be caused by a range of conditions, including the common cold, flu, strep throat, or CO...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing severe headache, fever and body weakness for the past few days. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,For the past few days, I have been feeling unwell, and feverish, with headache, and body weakness. Sometimes I was feeling bloated. I suspected malaria but when I checked it was negative, I was using tablets of Amoxicillin Clavulanate and Betaserc and ear drops for the past few days as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I have gone through the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). From the attached reports, this is only CBC (complete blood count) report. In this report, your hemoglobin is slightly less. It should be above 13. So yo...  Read Full »

My son is suffering from an H3N2 infection. Please tell us the measures to protect family members from H3N2 infection.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 28 years old. He has suffered from fever, cough, runny nose, body aches, and diarrhea. His doctor diagnosed him with an H3N2 infection. How to take care of him? What are the other general measures to be taken to protect other family members from getting this infection? Do we hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Abdul Rasheed

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. As you have mentioned, your son is showing typical symptoms related to H3N2, a type of influenza A. Usually, it lasts up to seven days and sometimes longer. Symptomatic treatment is required. He should get these investigations done, such as c...  Read Full »

I am having weakness, high fever and body pain. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 57 years old male. I am facing weakness and high fever and body pain symptoms for a while now. Upon doing some routine tests with a local clinic, the test values are as below:RBC count- 5.48.Hemoglobin- 8.16.Hematocrit- 28.9.MCV- 52.71.MCH- 14.88.MCHC- 28.24.RC distribution width- ...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Fever, weakness, and lymphocytosis in CBC are suggestive of viral infection. Symptomatic management is done with nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drug. Your physical examination should be done first that includes lymph nodes, spleen, liver palpation, auscultation, etc. Inv...  Read Full »

What to do if my body ache does not get better even after taking medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a mild fever, body ache, and a severe headache. I took tablet Dolo 650 mg, but the body ache is not getting better. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Body ache is a common symptom in viral fever, bacterial fever, or dengue. If it is dengue, there may be bleeding tendency, NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aceclofenac, etc., for...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.